SiouxSports.com Forum
shep

2018 Season

4 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

NG is unquestionably the most important position in a 3-4 scheme.  They NEED to control the “A” gap and should require a double team, maybe triple team.  Keep the OL away from the backers.  It’s the most exhausting of any position as well.  They don’t usually have the best stats but are the catalyst behind the D being a good one to being great D. ....and und has a great combo of them. Let’s enjoy them this year. 

Well put.  100% agree!

Didn't that transfer Wesley Jeffries play NG at his former school??  Hergel would probably be a beast there as Geaux Sioux mentioned, but he seems like he'll be good wherever he plays. 

I remember reports from the spring ball game and scrimmages prior to the season were that our O Line could not contain our D Line and our quarterbacks were running for their lives. In hindsight I guess that says we have a great D line and our O line was practicing against one of the best. 

• Upvote 4

I am very pleased with out O-line play this year! Big, strong guys, and young as a group, only one senior starter. And it does have to help them to practice against our D-line. Go Hogs!