SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ badgers - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

15 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

remember when...this forum was about knowledgeable hockey fans who loved the Sioux...miss it....miss some of the old guard...where are you?????

Forum leadership didn't do jack with the trolls of the past and the whole forum became a pissing match about everything....lost the point of coming here.  I think most still lurk on occasion, but what's the point of posting anything anymore.  

In fact, wasn't it outed that one of the Forum mods actually had a second troll account himself? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

Forum leadership didn't do jack with the trolls of the past and the whole forum became a pissing match about everything....lost the point of coming here.  I think most still lurk on occasion, but what's the point of posting anything anymore.  

In fact, wasn't it outed that one of the Forum mods actually had a second troll account himself? 

good to hear from you- I joined the day that Zach Parise lit up Michigan : )

8 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

It's been a long time for a number of you on here.  I'm a newb still in comparison to some!

I ran from my dad's old car parked on University Avenue to the old winter sports garden 81-89ish,,,we had half season tickets.  glory days...so much fun.  would give a million bucks to run with my dad in 20 below to see Archie circa 83 again

• Upvote 4

Neither should have been a penalty shot.

Overall, a very good weekend, I'll take 1-0-1 on the road any day against a solid opponent. Fortunate bounce on Gerisch goal negates the awful give away by Simonson on Wisconsin's second. UND was the better team this weekend. 

Biggest take away from the weekend is UND has a solid #2 in net with Thome. He fought the puck a little Friday, which is expected, but personally felt very comfortable with him in net tonight. Nothing against Pups the last couple years, but feel confident much more comfortable with Thome in net. No worries about goaltending this year with either Cam or Thome. 

I'd like to see a show of hands if anyone thought UND would be in this position defensively this year after watching the unit last year at any point most of the season. The step that Peski and Johnson have made in a year truly is remarkable. They are flat out really good college defenseman. I really think they are nipping at the heals of the 2016 defense unit. The top 4 was probably better that year, but I'd take Bast / Johnson over Thompson and either a freshman Shaw / Wolanin for the 3rd D-pair.

This team can roll four lines, again solid tonight, Wisco goalie was on, but the opportunities were there tonight. This will be a fun team to follow the rest of the way. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, AJS said:

Neither should have been a penalty shot.

Overall, a very good weekend, I'll take 1-0-1 on the road any day against a solid opponent. Fortunate bounce on Gerisch goal negates the awful give away by Simonson on Wisconsin's second. UND was the better team this weekend. 

Biggest take away from the weekend is UND has a solid #2 in net with Thome. He fought the puck a little Friday, which is expected, but personally felt very comfortable with him in net tonight. Nothing against Pups the last couple years, but feel confident much more comfortable with Thome in net. No worries about goaltending this year with either Cam or Thome. 

I'd like to see a show of hands if anyone thought UND would be in this position defensively this year after watching the unit last year at any point most of the season. The step that Peski and Johnson have made in a year truly is remarkable. They are flat out really good college defenseman. I really think they are nipping at the heals of the 2016 defense unit. The top 4 was probably better that year, but I'd take Bast / Johnson over Thompson and either a freshman Shaw / Wolanin for the 3rd D-pair.

This team can roll four lines, again solid tonight, Wisco goalie was on, but the opportunities were there tonight. This will be a fun team to follow the rest of the way. 

I actually thought our defense would be the strength of the team this year, they were shaky for a good portion of last season but I felt down the stretch and into the playoffs last season you could see the growth and potential of the group.  Plus, that is where our experience is - defense and in net (prior to Cam's injury). I was thinking the defense and goaltending could hold down the fort while the offense with a bunch of new guys figures things out.

3 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I actually thought our defense would be the strength of the team this year, they were shaky for a good portion of last season but I felt down the stretch and into the playoffs last season you could see the growth and potential of the group.  Plus, that is where our experience is - defense and in net (prior to Cam's injury). I was thinking the defense and goaltending could hold down the fort while the offense with a bunch of new guys figures things out.

I know it sounds cliche, but a team needs good defense to win.

Sorry if I missed it but what was the point of the shootout after OT?  I get that it determines league points for conference games but it seems meaningless for non-conference matchups.  The game is listed officially as a tie so help me out.

12 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Sorry if I missed it but what was the point of the shootout after OT?  I get that it determines league points for conference games but it seems meaningless for non-conference matchups.  The game is listed officially as a tie so help me out.

So the B1G can say they beat the NCHC at something. :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

The point was to expose the fans who don't know anything about hockey at the Kohl Center... it worked marvelously

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Agree. Peski was horrible early last season but I don't know if I've seen a kid improve more from day 1 to the last minute of a season. Johnson has shown consistent growth. Wolanin has always been great offensively and now he is showing some defensive responsibility too. Poolman is.....well Poolman. Shaw is who he is and Bast is flat out a top tier player. The 2 Fr. are better than advertised too. This blueline group is and will be this team's strength moving forward IMO as well.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, burd said:

Doesn't Patrick post once in a while?

On a rare occasion I've seen him here.......some of these guys that have been mentioned took their insight over to USCHO. I stopped going to USCHO a few years ago. Anyone who thinks this site can get ugly should swim in that cesspool for a couple months during the college hockey season!!!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

On a rare occasion I've seen him here.......some of these guys that have been mentioned took their insight over to USCHO. I stopped going to USCHO a few years ago. Anyone who thinks this sight can get ugly should swim in that cesspool for a couple months during the college hockey season!!!

I don’t even go on that site to check scores.....I may by accident click into the forum and it’s all downhill after that....:(

• Upvote 2

On a quintessential night of College Hockey, I really enjoyed the matchup with Wisconsin last evening.  The atmosphere was on par with a January or February matchup.  

This was a great coming of age effort for the team against a strong opponent in their barn. 

I also enjoyed the FOX Wisconsin coverage.  The play by play was really solid and the graphics on screen (shots along with score) was a plus I would like to see on UND’s MidCo coverage. 

Thome, Adams, and other freshies really impressed.  Roll Tribe!