SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ badgers - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Just now, yzerman19 said:

bottom line- you call it for Bucky, you gotta call it for us.  The inconsistency makes it worse.  I can live with the call, if it goes both ways

if they were the exact same play you can argue inconsistency. Here when they have the rules supporting them on both calls, hard to argue. The inconsistency that could be argued is that the was NO penalty called on UW, when he did commit the infraction, even if the puck is already gone. Even in USA Hockey this is ruling unless the defending player comes up with possession and control of the puck, which they did not, they just negated the penalty shot by taking away UND possession and control.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SiouxBoys said:

I agree that inconsistency is a huge problem in officiating, but those plays weren't the same.

No penalty at all on the Jones play is ridiculous.......... pathetic really.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

remember when...this forum was about knowledgeable hockey fans who loved the Sioux...miss it....miss some of the old guard...where are you?????

Smokey's gone, man.  Replaced with some other knowledgable poster.  ;)

17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Thoughts:

-The linesmen were terrible.....I hope that's the last time I ever post that.  

-Great weekend for your NCHC rookie of the week and goaltender of the week Peter Thome.

-Nick Jones tremendous again.  I think he's my favorite player.  Boy does he battle.  

-Undefeated weekend in Madison, check please.

-Finally, thank God Wisconsin plays the game it was meant to be played.  All those crap years of them trapping.  Now I'm actually happy they are on the schedule. 

Funny you mention linesmen- one of them is the brother of a former coworker who left a “Gophers Rule” note on my desk upon my return from the Philly Frozen Four. :glare:

Jones is definitely my favorite player this year. 

4 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Funny you mention linesmen- one of them is the brother of a former coworker who left a “Gophers Rule” note on my desk upon my return from the Philly Frozen Four. :glare:

Jones is definitely my favorite player this year. 

If he was the one who let the Wisconsin bench call his plays at the blue line and blew three icing calls.....it makes sense. ;)