SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana State Predictions

Midwestern Hawk

5 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

bandwagon my ass. i have stuck with this team during the mussman years. being extremely disappointed with the lack of performance last week has nothing to do with bandwagon anything.

Expecting the same result this week is completely unfair to Bubba and what he has built.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Sure the game thread was an over reaction.  That's the way fan boards work.  Part of my frustration and I think others is that we all realize Bubba's teams will sometimes lose or come out flat, but we felt that our days of complete humiliation were past us.  Hearing from my Bison friends again after we crap the bed is something I have had enough of.  We were feeling that our program got some respect finally.  Last week was a nasty jolt of reality.  

• Upvote 2

The silver lining in all of this could be that the USD game serves as a wake up call to this team and coaching staff.  A bad loss at the beginning of the season and the team have a great rest of the season is not unprecedented.  in 2014 Ohio State experienced a BAD loss to a very average Virginia Tech team.  The Ohio State team went on to win the national championship.  I am not saying UND is that Ohio State team, just saying sometimes really good teams lay an egg.  

If we can get W's the next 2-3 weeks with a somewhat makeshift lineup in areas and guys can get healthy and back to full strength, IMO this team could make another run.   Tomorrow will tell us alot.

• Upvote 2

I don't think you'll find a lot of people calling for the end of Bubba or Schmidt, there is still a lot of faith in them. Schmidt is dealing with a tough break in that he has no inside linebackers due to injury and attrition. 

What you are hearing is the call for the head of the OC (and some for the special teams coach). The offense is mostly unimaginative and emphasizes ball control but starts far too slow too often. Some of the best displays of the Rudolph offense have been when they are playing from behind and the offense is put into Keaton's hands. The offense that Rudolph wants to run relies on a dominant offensive line and we haven't really had that for awhile. Through three games the line has either been flat beaten or held even. People thought the Utah game was an aberration due to the skill of the Utes line and that could be the case. The second game they struggled to get a push for quite some time against what's considered to be one of the worst MVFC teams, they eventually opened holes but only after the passing game was fully established. Then there is the USD debacle where the line flat out got whipped. There was supposed to be more depth and more skill this year with the offensive line and we're not really seeing any of that. 

So either UND needs to place a much higher emphasis on the type of linemen they are recruiting, or else the offense simply needs to adapt to not being able to control the line of scrimmage. Sorry, this got longer than I intended. Just frustrated seeing the same offensive woes game after game.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SiouxBoys said:

Expecting the same result this week is completely unfair to Bubba and what he has built.

Either way your bandwagon comment was bush league at best. I want to be proven wrong this week as I am not doubting Bubba, I am doubting our depth that has been destroyed by injuries. Also, where did I say that I expected the same result as last week? 

• Upvote 1

Schweigert has built a team to compete and win in the Big Sky Conference. Unfortunately, the Big Sky is not what it used to be on a national scale, as the conference's abysmal playoff record attests. While last Saturday was not fun for Sioux fans to watch, they will be competitive and possibly even win the conference this season. Think they are not ready to win the MVFC (but don't have to be for 3 years) and will struggle in the playoffs, but feel confident that they will be ready to play MVFC football as opposed to BSC football when it is time.

As for tomorrow, not a lot of confidence in the Bobcats, so will say the team with the most points wins. UND by a couple of field goals.

16 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Schweigert has built a team to compete and win in the Big Sky Conference. Unfortunately, the Big Sky is not what it used to be on a national scale, as the conference's abysmal playoff record attests. While last Saturday was not fun for Sioux fans to watch, they will be competitive and possibly even win the conference this season. Think they are not ready to win the MVFC (but don't have to be for 3 years) and will struggle in the playoffs, but feel confident that they will be ready to play MVFC football as opposed to BSC football when it is time.

As for tomorrow, not a lot of confidence in the Bobcats, so will say the team with the most points wins. UND by a couple of field goals.

In the Bathroom at half time of the Missouri State game I over heard someone say "Well I think this proves we are ready to compete in the MVFC".  I just laughed and shook my head.  Fan's will over react both way's.  I confident that Bubba will get us to the point to compete and win the MVFC, after last week we are not there yet.  Every year under Bubba we have gotten better, just need to keep trending in the right direction.

• Upvote 2

I'm counting on the possibility that the team was a bit overconfident going into the USD game. While the Utah score ended up looking decisive, the game itself was pretty competitive and the team seemed to think it was a winnable game. Missouri State was perhaps the worst way to follow up - a team that just was outclassed from the word go and the game was never in doubt. The Hawks got beat in every phase of the game last week, and this team is not that bad and USD is not THAT good. The other thing, having seen him twice, is that Streveler gives this team fits. He was a one-man wrecking crew last year (until he started throwing pick-sixes like they were Tootsie Rolls at a 4th of July parade), and was clearly having a ball against us last week. Schmidt has to be happy he won't have to face him again...

So - more focused, more humble, more determined. But still banged up and still not very imaginative on offense. Hawks 20  Bobcats 14

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I'm going to attempt to right this ship, picking up a sixer of Labatt Blue...

I don't know who will win the footsball game, but my liver is going to lose...

I picked up a case of Farmery Beer while in Canada last weekend. If UND wins, might need a restock, cause cant break a good luck charm. 

23 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I'm going to attempt to right this ship, picking up a sixer of Labatt Blue...

I don't know who will win the footsball game, but my liver is going to lose...

Please flush that down the toilet immediately.  

Geaux Sioux drank that last weekend and look what happened!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Were there any casualties in the student tailgating area last home game? Not saying they should, but does anyone know if they're going to crack down on that area from turning into a club again this week? I thought it was great so many kids were there having a good time, and I was impressed how many actually still made it into the game.