SiouxSports.com Forum

Utah Predictions

UND Fan

8 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I fear that the attitude of most on this board mirrors the attitude of the UND coaches and players:

Utah 31

UND 3

If UND actually believes they are a top 10 FCS team, and plays accordingly, it will be a lot closer.

I sure hope the players and coaches believe they can compete and win for god sake, otherwise stay the hell home.  We get it, UND is a huge underdog but go out there and give them your best shot and see what happens.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I fear that the attitude of most on this board mirrors the attitude of the UND coaches and players:

Utah 31

UND 3

If UND actually believes they are a top 10 FCS team, and plays accordingly, it will be a lot closer.

To your first point.............:(

26 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I fear that the attitude of most on this board mirrors the attitude of the UND coaches and players

I have to disagree here I think UND will come out amped up and ready to play!  My question is can they keep up the enthusiasm up, if they get down like 3 scores?  I hope they play hard the full game, never give up.  And that has nothing to do with being FCS or FBS...  Oregon quit on the game, when we blew them out 2 years ago.  Every team runs this peril...

1 minute ago, RavenousUte said:

I have to disagree here I think UND will come out amped up and ready to play!  My question is can they keep up the enthusiasm up, if they get down like 3 scores?  I hope they play hard the full game, never give up.  And that has nothing to do with being FCS or FBS...  Oregon quit on the game, when we blew them out 2 years ago.  Every team runs this peril...

That's one thing you won't see, our guys won't quit. 

Utah - 34

UND - 17

I agree with those that have stated it's about matchups, and this is just not the perfect matchup for a big upset, however I'm still hoping it somehow happens.  Below are a list of my four things that if they went the other way would have given us a much better chance at the upset.  (Of course #5 would have been if we had Grady, but I won't mention that :)  ) 

1. They didn't get an NFL caliber WR transfer

2. We didn't lose a possible NFL draft pick CB

3.  They didn't change to more of a passing offense this year.  I think if they ran the same offense as last year, which was more running we could have gave them a few problems with our experienced DL and their inexperienced OL.

4. They weren't starting the younger more mobile QB, he is going to make a few big scramble plays. 

16 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Love the enthusiasm and all but, dude, cmon that WYO team was trash. This Utah team is strong.

I was taught to never, give up, never give in, the cup is always half full. This is Utah, not Bama. I just think UND's ground game will eventually where out the Utes. 

I am a big, big believer in Bubba.

3 minutes ago, Maddogg1971 said:

I was taught to never, give up, never give in, the cup is always half full. This is Utah, not Bama. I just think UND's ground game will eventually where out the Utes. 

Oddly enough...last time Utah played Bama, they won pretty convincingly. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Sugar_Bowl

9 minutes ago, Maddogg1971 said:

My cup is half full as well but I'm not about to say Utah is ripe for the picking like Wyoming was. That's all I'm saying.