SiouxSports.com Forum

Utah Predictions

UND Fan

From Bryce Canyon to Salt Lake, it has been a good week in Utah for me.  Now I can't sleep bc I'm so damn excited to watch some UND football!  Of course I want the upset, but Utah is a very solid program.  Go Hawks!

Heart: UND- 27  Utah- 24

Brain: Utah- 31  UND- 17  

It's day break here in Grand Forks, The Season is OPEN. After absorbing a couple of weeks of FB coaches jabber, sports writer's news, wife's constant claim UND wins, and expert advise on here, I feel real good about today's game, . The odds-makers blew this one, the game is going to be a lot closer than most think, UND has a shot in this season's opener. I made a bad prediction on this thread a few days ago and I'm going to change it this afternoon.

Ok

Santiago has 150 yds all purpose.  catches a pass and DB takes a angle on John but John jukes him into next week.

Cole has a sack and interception.

Norberg stands up a Samoan (makes me smile).

Izzy or Mercer will score with a pass over the top.

The TE combine for 6-8 completions and 3 critical first down.

Blubaugh gets his first interception.

UND stuns Utah.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think our D line will hold their own but I'm worried our O line will struggle. If the O line does struggle, it might hold back Santiago and Studs enough to keep them out of their capabilities. Studs will probably play out of his norm and throw a couple picks. I think Oliveria will get the majority of the carries but will only average 2-2.5 yards per. Hopefully the skill of Santiago will be enough to bust open a few big plays on his own. I'm looking for the defense to make some big plays to keep this game competitive. Pick 6 from Evan to start off the year? Maybe even a nice kick return or punt return TD out of Santiago?!? I REALLY like the call of having our big guns bellied up at the big special teams positions. Special teams make for the biggest field position swings and call for the biggest play-makers to make their marks. IMO there aren't many positions tougher than being a punt returner. Why have a marginal guy back there that seems to make the wrong choice every other return and makes everyone nervous every single punt return (Siebel). He always seems so indecisive and tentative, it drives me crazy! Everyone should be EXCITED knowing we have a punt return coming up because it's an opportunity to get our stud some open field to do his thing. 

• Like 1

I will go with 34-13 bad guys. Given Utah's assumed good defense I just think we are going to struggle moving the ball as the past few seasons it seems like it's taken our offensive line and offense in general a while to get warmed up.  Our coaches will want to run and stick with the run but I just don't know if there will be room to do so.  I think our D will hang tough but is young on the back end and I think we'll give up some big plays.  I guess I'm not overly concerned with what the scoreboard says at the end but the things I want out of tonight are 1. no injuries  2. Keaton to look like a senior/consistent with his throws. 3. Tackling and hustling to the ball.  4.  Have I mentioned no injuries?   I think we'll be fine this year but tonight will be a tall task, lets get out healthy and with a better idea of what we have in a few positions.  GO HAWKS!

17 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Over/under

Santiago 100 yards 

studsrud 250 yards 

D  4 sacks 

Utah 35 points 

UND 20 points 

3 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Under

Under

Under

Under

Under

Hate to say it, but I'll agree with our resident reformed Bison Buddy converted to Golden Domer gomer. 

Unless Coach Rudolph had some kind of epiphany in the last 8 months, the offense will struggle against the Ute's big D. The Hawk defense will fare better, but the final score will not reflect the experience gained in this game against one of the Pac 12 North's best teams.

UU 35

UND 10