SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FOUR

Pearson's Hockey Bus

7 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Sunday morning mimosas for DU players tomorrow!

Anyone else have a chance to review the hit on Hammond and come to the same conclusion as me?

Twitter said 3 on site orthopedic surgeons worked together to put his ankle back in place and get the air cast on

10 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Raskob questioning what he just did LOL.

I thought the hit was clean. Arm followed through high (which is why they called it...or because it was too hard I guess) but there was no head contact.  Shoulder to shoulder.

9 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Sunday morning mimosas for DU players tomorrow!

Anyone else have a chance to review the hit on Hammond and come to the same conclusion as me?

I thought it was a play that you see many times in every game.  Just an unfortunate contact with the boards that caused the fracture.  No penalty as far as I am concerned.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

Congrats to DU.
I'm glad UMD didn't bring home the hardware.  I see they stuck true to their game plan all season, injure an opposing player and take the other team off their game.  It almost worked for them once again.

There was absolutely no intent to injure on that play.  No player or coach on the Duluth team would tell you that they are glad he got hurt.  Duluth plays the same hard nosed physical way we do with the exception of embellishing and trying to "sell" penalties.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I thought the hit was clean. Arm followed through high (which is why they called it...or because it was too hard I guess) but there was no head contact.  Shoulder to shoulder.

I have to disagree with that assessment. I'm my opinion there was no shoulder first. It appeared principle point of contact was elbow to head. It appeared to me the legal contact was secondary.

My thoughts.

Borgstrom is very, very good.  But they didn't put him out there when they needed someone to win puck battles or work to get the puck out of their zone.  I'm guessing he'd stay at DU to improve his 200 foot game next year.

Was Butcher the best player in college hockey this year?  Very valuable to Denver, good player and their captain.   But I'm not sure he was even the best player on the ice last night.

Was impressed by Gambrell's overall game.

23 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

Forgot Miska.  He should sign too!

I don't think it will matter for UMD next season.  Other than Johnson, Anderson, and Tufte, they don't have much left on the cupboard.  Unless they have 3-4 studs coming in to replace the dive team departing!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ringneck28 said:

It was the same crew that worked the game between UND/BU

Funny they got another offside call to deal with last night with Tufte's goal.  It looked like the guys skate was up, but is there a video of it?