SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FOUR

Pearson's Hockey Bus

1 minute ago, jk said:

Denver was built to repeat, but Nick Schmaltz put an end to that.

Yep, UND fans will always remember Nick for making that not happen. Sure, Denver still has a chance next year, but I think they'll be in a similar situation UND was in this year depends on who leaves early. If they lose Jaillett, Borgstrom, Gambrell, and Terry. Ouch.

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

He'd be a fool to leave DU now.  Hak's got about a year left in Philly before he's run out of town. 

Perhaps, but if the best league in the world comes calling I don't know how you turn that down. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Perhaps, but if the best league in the world comes calling I don't know how you turn that down. 

It's rare for a college coach to jump right to the NHL...and the jury is still out on the Hakstol experiment.

Just now, cberkas said:

Friedman said it during the second intermission that he's the leading candidate for the Vegas job, I'm taking someone for their word on this.

Interesting move if true. Would think an expansion franchise would want someone with NHL experience, but it would certainly be a clean start for them. 

5 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I think DU's win along with UND from last year solidifies the NCHC as the second best hockey conference in the country....behind the SSAHL (South Suburban Adult Hockey League) of course.

The Roseville MN co-rec Wednesday broomball league is a close third...followed by the B1G Hockey Conference.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Interesting move if true. Would think an expansion franchise would want someone with NHL experience, but it would certainly be a clean start for them. 

There was something put out on what they are looking for in a head coach. I'll have to find it again.

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

You're talking NBA and NFL...what about the NHJHL?

I am sure I am going to pay for this, but NHJHL, OH, I just got it, never mind.  In all reality, the success that Hak had in taking the team to the playoffs in year 1 and just being eliminated from contention in the last week says a lot.  Philly was supposed to be a rebuild and he has accelerated their success.

57 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

It's rare for a college coach to jump right to the NHL...and the jury is still out on the Hakstol experiment.

Although I'll get chastised for this, a key difference between Monte and Hak is that Monte won a national championship as both a player and a coach. Anyone who follows philly sports understands that the philly sports community recognized this from day 1.