SiouxSports.com Forum

Early departures 2017

cberkas

7 minutes ago, BeazSioux said:

Schloss just tweeted that Brock's signing is going down and he may be playing against the Wild tomorrow night.  

Thanks for everything Brock!  Best of luck!

Go SIOUX!

He was looking like a passenger out there late in the 3rd and the OT's

His wrist can't be that hurt if he plays for them tomorrow.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

3 minutes ago, cberkas said:

It would seem to me that the guys deserve the benefit of the doubt.  Especially this one, who had so much to do with a national title, and could have gone last year.

• Upvote 4

Yeah pretty sure I'm happy he was here in the first place and was definitely happy he stuck around for year 2.  Getting 2 years out of a talent like that is all you can expect.  This year didn't go how he or us as fans hoped, but he helped bring another title (finally), so for that, you tip your cap and say "Thank you sir."

Go SIOUX!

• Upvote 3

Just now, jk said:

It would seem to me that the guys deserve the benefit of the doubt.  Especially this one, who had so much to do with a national title, and could have gone last year.

I don't want to come across as being salty/bitter/insert adjective here and if anyone wants to call me that... I've been called worse so have at it ... but when you're ready to sign so soon after a heart breaking season ending loss, that doesn't make me feel all that great.

That said, this isn't about me and isn't something I didn't expect. Appreciate his contributions in his time here and wish him the best. 

5 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I don't want to come across as being salty/bitter/insert adjective here and if anyone wants to call me that... I've been called worse so have at it ... but when you're ready to sign so soon after a heart breaking season ending loss, that doesn't make me feel all that great.

That said, this isn't about me and isn't something I didn't expect. Appreciate his contributions in his time here and wish him the best. 

Almost every player from every team does it. It's a way to move on I guess. 

We're lucky that Brock picked UND.  Great player, had a lot of fun watching him.  I wish him nothing but the best going forward. The way that NHL contracts are set up, if he signs now he burns one year of his entry deal - could be very advantageous for him down the road.  His coaches and teammates understand that's how it works.  He's part of the Sioux family forever.  And we have another reason to cheer for the Canucks.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Actually I thought he was hustling harder than he has been all year.  He's going to have big problems at the next level if he doesn't figure out how to speed up his release though, it doesn't get easier at the next level. I wish him the best though.

• Upvote 1

Brock has done some cool things for my little boy.  He is a great player and part of the Sioux family forever. Knowing him a little, he was not "mailing it in" EVER.  If he signs tonight, he was not thinking about it on the ice earlier.  He is a competitor and wanted to win again.  After two years, with a rookie max in front of him and the ability to burn a year fast towards UFA..good luck kid!

• Upvote 4

Wouldn't be surprised if Jost, Pogo, Cam and of course Poolman and Boeser all leave early. With that said we really need to improve upon our power play. It was probably the single most thing that caused us to lose last night and some losses this year, outside of guys not being able to finish and injuries to key players. 

For all the hype that this BU team had or has, our guys went toe-to-toe with them and actually outplayed them for most of the game. To me it felt like that Michigan game back in 2011, albeit we weren't as far into the tournament.  It will be interesting to see how UMD matches up with them as both teams like to use sticks and hold and block a ton of shots. Will it be a parade to the box like the NCHC championship game?

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Brock will be remembered for helping UND to a NC on one of UND's all-time best lines. This year was a season of injuries and, as it appeared, being unsure if he made the right decision to come back. Nonetheless he was a favorite in our home for 2 years and his talent will lead him great things in the NHL which will begin in the next couple of days if not tonight.

3 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I wish Brock nothing but the best. Thanks for coming to UND and all you did here.

Agree

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Guys that lay it on the line and accomplish special things for our program will never have me upset at them for leaving when the money and opportunity is there for them.  I wish every player was a four year guy, but it's not reality.

Brock will go down as one of the greats.  Game winning goal in the national championship last year, and part of one of the best lines in UND history.  Battled injuries this year, but hockey isn't easy on the body.  Good luck with Vancouver Brock, they are getting another good UND guy.  

Well said Wilbur 

• Upvote 2

On 3/17/2017 at 1:29 PM, scpa0305 said:

I believe Wolanin received a deal last year...I'm sure he'll receive one this year as well.  Hopefully he doesn't sign.  Many people like to rag on him a bit but his numbers (for a soph) don't lie.  He's good.

Too bad they don't keep "numbers" on being thoroughly dangled, embarrassed or times not being able to hold the zone. Then I'd agree that his numbers don't lie. :)  

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Too bad they don't keep "numbers" on being thoroughly dangled, embarrassed or times not being able to hold the zone. Then I'd agree that his numbers don't lie. :)  

He was the best player on the ice yesterday....other than maybe Keller I guess.

• Upvote 1

Brock is a great talent, and played a huge role on last year's team.  That being said, it was definitely time for him to go.  He clearly wasn't as motivated this year as last year so perhaps he needs a new challenge.  Jost, Poolman, and Boesser will all get a chance in the NHL.  Jost and Poolman will stay there.