SiouxSports.com Forum

Early departures 2017

cberkas

lineup could be interesting...there are more stoppages in the playoffs.  Some in conference, more come NCAA

pp will also be a bigger deal.  

If Shaw can go, he's out of game speed...we should protect him a bit

i think Jost with Gersich and Pogo are established now as line 1, and Simo with Olson and Smith are established as the energy/checking line.

it will be interesting to see where Boeser plays

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Pogo, Gersich, Cam and maybe even Wolanin will have decisions to make along with Brock and Tyson.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Cam benefited greatly from an NHL caliber defense in front of him. Wolanin maybe, I'd be shocked to see Pogo and Gersich leave. At what point do these guys realize that the NHL doesn't have their best interest at heart? Guys that have left early, outside high draft picks, haven't been any better off than their counterparts who stayed 4 years, outside Stecher. 

55 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

lineup could be interesting...there are more stoppages in the playoffs.  Some in conference, more come NCAA

pp will also be a bigger deal.  

If Shaw can go, he's out of game speed...we should protect him a bit

i think Jost with Gersich and Pogo are established now as line 1, and Simo with Olson and Smith are established as the energy/checking line.

it will be interesting to see where Boeser plays

Early Departures 2017? #ThreadPolice :D

Thoughts on Boeser departing early:

First I think he's still playing injured.   No big secret.   If he goes to The Show less than 100%, he risks his long term future.   You get one chance to make a first impression.   Better to do that at 100%.   (even if the counter benefit is burning a year off a rookie contract)

Second, this year's play seems a bit like Ryan Duncan after Oshie and Toews turned pro.  Clearly, his upside is higher than Duncan, but Boeser has a lot of work to elevate his game, AND that learning process is harder in the AHL (where its all games and minimal practice) than in college (5 days of practice and 2 days of games each week).   Something to prove still that he can dominate at this level.

On 3/17/2017 at 3:19 PM, farce poobah said:

Thoughts on Boeser departing early:

First I think he's still playing injured.   No big secret.   If he goes to The Show less than 100%, he risks his long term future.   You get one chance to make a first impression.   Better to do that at 100%.   (even if the counter benefit is burning a year off a rookie contract)

Second, this year's play seems a bit like Ryan Duncan after Oshie and Toews turned pro.  Clearly, his upside is higher than Duncan, but Boeser has a lot of work to elevate his game, AND that learning process is harder in the AHL (where its all games and minimal practice) than in college (5 days of practice and 2 days of games each week).   Something to prove still that he can dominate at this level.

Thats all true but the Canucks probably dont care, he will be signing as soon as we are out ,all but a given.

6 minutes ago, siouxstudent said:

Thats all true but the Canucks probably dont care, he will be signing as soon as we are out ,all but a given.

Plus, he's looked as close to his top form as he has since the first two weeks of the year over the last 3 weeks or so. 

9 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Plus, he's looked as close to his top form as he has since the first two weeks of the year over the last 3 weeks or so. 

Agreed, he has looked much better. Would still like to see him make some quicker decisions and rip some shots from the top of the circle.

Though that goes for most of this team. They seem to hesitate on their shots, and let the defense clog up the lanes. Quick shots will be especially crucial if we make it to Saturday and play the Dawgs again. Duluth is really good at taking away the shooting lanes, and we need to be a little quicker.

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed, he has looked much better. Would still like to see him make some quicker decisions and rip some shots from the top of the circle.

Though that goes for most of this team. They seem to hesitate on their shots, and let the defense clog up the lanes. Quick shots will be especially crucial if we make it to Saturday and play the Dawgs again. Duluth is really good at taking away the shooting lanes, and we need to be a little quicker.

Also, crucial against BU. Oettinger is a stud goalie.

But I loved to see those one timers on Saturday night against Duluth. Doesn't have to be perfect, just has to be on net.

Just now, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Also, crucial against BU. Oettinger is a stud goalie.

But I loved to see those one timers on Saturday night against Duluth. Doesn't have to be perfect, just has to be on net.

THIS!!! Just rack up the shots, and look for the rebounds. We get in trouble when we try to find the perfect shot.

3 minutes ago, keikla said:

Per Schloss, there were about 10 agents waiting outside the UND locker room after the loss tonight.  I expect this thread to get significantly more activity in the next week.

Why did you wake this post up?!:lol:

I about fell over seeing this was refreshed!