SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

7 hours ago, tnt said:

Wow, who would think that Irish would be pessimistic? 

Pessimistic and realistic are two completely different things. 1 goal in the last 120+ minutes of hockey doesn't scream production from this group of assembled "talent"...and BTW that goal was by a Dman...on the PP...as he crashed the net.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This has been an issue all season. There were some big, juicy rebounds to be exploited last night, but we had nobody close enough to take advantage of them.

Pogo needs to step in this department and Gardner just need to get his face off the milk carton in my fridge and go from there.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, spotter said:

they can to lose with Cam, with Hrinks too but why not with Tomek ? everybody looks for  and waits  for only his mistake but he is the youngest and he needs to mature in the game, Cam and Hrinks are much older and they can do mistakes ( and to get a bad goal !  like Hrinks todays first).

I think Tomek should get a chance to be in the net whole match tomorrow ...

Tomek is that you??

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, burd said:

Possibly, but without him we don't win #8, IMO.   And I know you aren't saying otherwise, scpa. 

I agree.  He was a key cog.

When he's the focus he is relatively easy (for good teams) to contain.  His release needs to speed up and his motor needs work.  These were masked playing with caggs and schmaltz last year.  But he's young, he just needs to keep developing.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Pessimistic and realistic are two completely different things. 1 goal in the last 120+ minutes of hockey doesn't scream production from this group of assembled "talent"...and BTW that goal was by a Dman...on the PP...as he crashed the net.

So just to nail it down for us, your realism says we have dark years ahead too, including the rest of this year?  Of course "dark years" to some is not winning a national championship every year.  Now tell me who is a realist.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Pogo needs to step in this department and Gardner just need to get his face off the milk carton in my fridge and go from there.

MILK CARTONS?  Do they even do that anymore?

I just got an Amber Alert on my iPhone.  Be on the lookout for North Dakota's offense. It's been missing for weeks.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, tnt said:

So just to nail it down for us, your realism says we have dark years ahead too, including the rest of this year?  Of course "dark years" to some is not winning a national championship every year.  Now tell me who is a realist.  

Years ahead? I must have missed that part. Winning Natty every year? Missed that one too. This year this team is what their record is......that's not arguable. 2 wins in last 11 home game. 9 wins in last 23 or 24 games. 1 goal in last 120+ minutes. Those aren't fictitious numbers. It's their reality.

12 hours ago, AJS said:

It's the beginning of February and I've officially waved the white flag on the season. Did they get outplayed in their last two games? Not really, they just don't have it this year. Not much else to say. Some veterans really let the team down this year. I never would have thought you'd see Boeser, Poganski, Gardner and Ausmus play like they have. 

I need to stop posting during games like the one last night. Still much too left of the season left to call it. Schlossman just posted about the next 3 games being key and could make or break their season. Let's get the W tonight, rest up, get Jost back and finish strong! Positives being they really haven't been that bad defensively, outside of ENG's, in the last two games they've only given up 1 legitimate, non-fluky goal. Just need to get a couple bounces for once.  

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Years ahead? I must have missed that part. Winning Natty every year? Missed that one too. This year this team is what their record is......that's not arguable. 2 wins in last 11 home game. 9 wins in last 23 or 24 games. 1 goal in last 120+ minutes. Those aren't fictitious numbers. It's their reality.

I agree. I don't think it's unrealistic to expect that UND make the NCAA's on any given year. This stretch they've had recently is just not good enough. Think of it as all they had to do is take even 1 of 4 from Duluth and finish off Miami Friday night and we'd still be ok. I know we are still technically in as of today but the bleeding has to stop now. I think most would also agree that this might not sting as much if we didn't have a home regional this year.

4 minutes ago, AJS said:

I need to stop posting during games like the one last night. Still much too left of the season left to call it. Schlossman just posted about the next 3 games being key and could make or break their season. Let's get the W tonight, rest up, get Jost back and finish strong! Positives being they really haven't been that bad defensively, outside of ENG's, in the last two games they've only given up 1 legitimate, non-fluky goal. Just need to get a couple bounces for once.  

If we can win tonight, this season is still very doable.

3 hours ago, crb1 said:

Tomek is that you??

14 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

:lol: I asked him that same question about a month ago. 

Think you 2 are onto a very close friend of Tomek here, which most likely has an eastern European accent, by the writing. That's all good, many people in this region have ancestors from there.