SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Waaah!  It's not fair that for the first time in your life, the team might not make the NCAA tournament!

Hey now, expectations in this program are the NCAA tourney every year. Nobody want to miss it.

Few years ago we barely made it and still hit the frozen four. Gotta make the tourney, then see what happens.

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Hey now, expectations in this program are the NCAA tourney every year. Nobody wants to miss it.

Few years ago we barely made it and still hit the frozen four. Gotta make the tourney, then see what happens.

Of course nobody wants to miss it...

...EXCEPT THIS GUY (at least according to siouxvikes)!  :lol:

In all seriousness, I think this team is in a hole that's only gonna get deeper.  Just the way the puck bounces sometimes.  

8 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Waaah!  It's not fair that for the first time in your life, the team might not make the NCAA tournament!

I'm sure Michigan fans had their pitchforks, torches, and rail ready for Red when he missed the NCAA's for the first time in 22 years.   

1 minute ago, cberkas said:

I'm sure Michigan fans had their pitchforks, torches, and rail ready for Red when he missed the NCAA's for the first time in 22 years.   

Red's still coaching that team?  I'm pretty sure it's just a couple of guys pulling puppet strings a-la "Weekend at Bernies."

• Upvote 2

You see what kind of character you have when you go through adversity.  So far, when they go down by 2 goals, it looks like they believe they are done.  I can't remember the last year in which we were really regressing this late in the year.  They seem like they are trying to do it alone, not many tic tac toe passing plays, even just to get a shot on net.  Need some line rushes with a defenseman following the play in the slot.  A big win tomorrow would do wonders for confidence with a week off coming.  I don't know what happens if they get swept at home again.  Never thought I would see a stretch like this at home.  With the apathy that seems to be appearing for athletics on campuses all over, you need to keep attracting new fans. Don't know if the atmosphere this year is attracting new fans. 

7 minutes ago, tnt said:

You see what kind of character you have when you go through adversity.  So far, when they go down by 2 goals, it looks like they believe they are done.  I can't remember the last year in which we were really regressing this late in the year.  They seem like they are trying to do it alone, not many tic tac toe passing plays, even just to get a shot on net.  Need some line rushes with a defenseman following the play in the slot.  A big win tomorrow would do wonders for confidence with a week off coming.  I don't know what happens if they get swept at home again.  Never thought I would see a stretch like this at home.  With the apathy that seems to be appearing for athletics on campuses all over, you need to keep attracting new fans. Don't know if the atmosphere this year is attracting new fans. 

Don't seem to create time for tic tac toe plays. By the time our guys get the puck the other team is already on topening of them. We're really struggling to win puck battles and create space.

All around it just feels like they are playing slower than the opponents.

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Don't seem to create time for tic tac toe plays. By the time our guys get the puck the other team is already on topening of them. We're really struggling to win puck battles and create space.

All around it just feels like they are playing slower than the opponents.

As frustrating as it is, they aren't giving up much defensively, so if Jost could help them get up early and get to 3 goals, I think they can win more consistently.