SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

6 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Are there any players who continue to see little to no ice time? What about that Danys Chartrand guy? Is he even still on the roster and if so, why not throw him into the lineup?

Cole Smith needs to be in the lineup. In the few games he has played, he's had speed and been a physical presence.

• Upvote 3

Tell me again about all of the young talent this team has.   Lose the big 3 and we have a crapfest - no scoring, pathetic defense - looking at you, Wolanin - and a lackadaisical attitude.  If we don't bring in a boatload of talent and right soon we are in for a long dark stretch.  As of right now, Sioux hockey is almost unwatchable.  

Just now, Irish said:

Tell me again about all of the young talent this team has.   Lose the big 3 and we have a crapfest - no scoring, pathetic defense - looking at you, Wolanin - and a lackadaisical attitude.  If we don't bring in a boatload of talent and right soon we are in for a long dark stretch.  As of right now, Sioux hockey is almost unwatchable.  

Well...who's in charge of recruiting these days?

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Well...who's in charge of recruiting these days?

Hak and the crew (including Berry)  for these last two fiascos, Berry and crew (basically the same cast going forward).  How we got away from getting top talent up and down the roster so fast amazes me.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Irish said:

Wow, who would think that Irish would be pessimistic? 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I know, it is constant. Gives the defense time to block so many shot and passes. Just get the puck to the net and look for the dirty rebound.

Exactly, I noticed that tonight too, always hesitating on the shot giving St Cloud more time and they were able to block like what seemed half of UNDs shot attempts.

1 hour ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Makes total sense Wolanin to do a backhand pass in the offensive zone to a spot where two Husky players were and zero UND players. :silly:

Yah, recall that play exactly in 3rd period. I just about fell out of my seat, thought WTH is going on out there! Hello?

23 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Yah, recall that play exactly in 3rd period. I just about fell out of my seat, thought WTH is going on out there! Hello?

Wolanin is a menace and capable of puking up a goal at any given moment - like their first goal where he mishandled the puck which led directly to the goal.  

3 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

1. So much for a Wilkie goal. Repeat step 1

Gersich may be the only player that you could honestly say significantly upped their game from last year.  And that's typically not what our teams are about.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Irish said:

Wolanin is a menace and capable of puking up a goal at any given moment - like their first goal where he mishandled the puck which led directly to the goal.  

I'm at an utter loss right now with Wolanin.  Starman even pointed out how shaky he was with the puck and it was only THE FIRST PERIOD.....???

He is so skilled.....great skater, can get pucks through from the point.....tremendous transition guy, and this year has just been a broken record of mishandled pucks at the line, turnovers, and poor play in his end. 

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed. I like hrinks, but he is not playing well.

they can to lose with Cam, with Hrinks too but why not with Tomek ? everybody looks for  and waits  for only his mistake but he is the youngest and he needs to mature in the game, Cam and Hrinks are much older and they can do mistakes ( and to get a bad goal !  like Hrinks todays first).

I think Tomek should get a chance to be in the net whole match tomorrow ...

7 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Are there any players who continue to see little to no ice time? What about that Danys Chartrand guy? Is he even still on the roster and if so, why not throw him into the lineup?

The D wasn't the problem last night.  Scsu didn't generate much whatsoever.  There was one extremely weak goal and two deflections.  The problem is that we don't have guys going to the net.  We hold  onto the puck far too long and are only getting perimeter shots where the goalies have gear looks.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I'm at an utter loss right now with Wolanin.  Starman even pointed out how shaky he was with the puck and it was only THE FIRST PERIOD.....???

He is so skilled.....great skater, can get pucks through from the point.....tremendous transition guy, and this year has just been a broken record of mishandled pucks at the line, turnovers, and poor play in his end. 

He was shaky last night.  But at least he trying to generate offense.  After watching last night, I think him, gersich and poolman are the only players trying to generate offense.

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

He was shaky last night.  But at least he trying to generate offense.  After watching last night, I think him, gersich and poolman are the only players trying to generate offense.

Bowen, Yon were pretty good last night in flashes.

11 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

The D wasn't the problem last night.  Scsu didn't generate much whatsoever.  There was one extremely weak goal and two deflections.  The problem is that we don't have guys going to the net.  We hold  onto the puck far too long and are only getting perimeter shots where the goalies have gear looks.

This has been an issue all season. There were some big, juicy rebounds to be exploited last night, but we had nobody close enough to take advantage of them.