SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

There isn't a whole lot I like about how this team is playing right now. Very soft, bunches of careless turnovers, losing board battles, losing puck races, whole lot of shots blocked, can't count on your goalie to come up with a save, rarely get chances between the circles instead happy to just play on the perimeter, and too many guys standing around waiting for someone else to do it. There is maybe 5 guys on this team playing to the level they're capable of right now and that is the most disappointing thing. This team needs to find a sense of urgency real quick and start playing Fighting Sioux hockey.

2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

What a crazy senior slide. I remember being so pumped when he decided to switch from Denver to und. Now?

No doubt about it he has regressed. 

This team just has not found the chemistry. The season isn't over but we are pretty darn close to it being over. The thing that upsets me the most is the play or lack of play at home. Really, really disappointing. 

4 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Boesser has been such a disappointment.  Does Vancouver even want him anymore?  Lol he is defintly not giving them much hope right now. 

I am sure they will want to pull him out of here as soon as possible. Colorado will probably follow suit with Jost. 

Basically we look like Omaha when they played us. Slow, gliding instead of skating, always behind the play, zero control. We just look slow, lost and bad.

Is talent part of it? Sure. But we've had teams ther were short on talent before. This teams lacks energy, motivation, want, heart, and any other intangible.

No doubt that. IF this team make the tourney they could surprise some people, BUT at this point, I'd be surprised to see them make the tourney.

13 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Many called for Cam to be replaced but very few goals were his fault.

He didn't lose us games.

Tonight I saw a goalie let in 3 that should have been stopped.

Still they have to score.

I missed the first goal, but the second and third were both tipped right in front of the net. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Boesser has been such a disappointment.  Does Vancouver even want him anymore?  Lol he is defintly not giving them much hope right now. 

He should really stay one more year after this. Finish developing and leave on a good note. The way he is playing he won't be in the nhl next year.

3 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I am sure they will want to pull him out of here as soon as possible. Colorado will probably follow suit with Jost. 

Argument could be made that jost had a nice freshman year, minus injury, and could still develop.

I think boeser could too, but Vancouver may feel different. Hopefully there is a little trust given how Stecher turned out.

2 minutes ago, OETKB said:

How is UND even ranked anymore?  They are nearly a .500 team now.  My conclusion after watching them lose again on national TV:  UND basically sucks at hockey this year. 

Strength of schedule. We are basically the Northern Iowa of hockey right now.