SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

Thoughts:

-D core in shambles.....Gage now hurt.

-Cam not at his best....

-Liked what I saw from Gornall 

-You create your puck luck.  UND got zero, but did they deserve any?

The road is the best place for this team to be now.  Get out of town Wednesday and just try to piece together a game Friday. 

40 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Considering both Vancouver and Colorado suck, both teams will be pushing to sign Boeser and Jost respectively.

Why?  Jost and boeser won't do much in the NHL next year.  Maybe jost I guess. They'll just lose a lot. As of now both should come back next year.  

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

You made a post saying you're better than Cam. You're still just a wannabe regardless of Cam's play this weekend. 

Haha. I don't want to be Cam and never did. I don't even play goalie unless the goalie want to skate out for a night.  My post was about how his basics were lacking. Examples like last nights goal from the corner. Tonight's 3rd goal I believe. He's so far out of the net to cut off the angle that a shoulder dip drops him to his knees and get skated around. I want the Cam from last year that was the reason we won a championship. You can't win one without a hot goalie. Obviously the Def is not as good this year but it's the easy saves that go in that piss some of us off. 

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Why?  Jost and boeser won't do much in the NHL next year.  Maybe jost I guess. They'll just lose a lot. As of now both should come back next year.  

They both could help towards turning things around for their respective teams. That and both might prefer to have them be in the AHL to develop vs college.

42 minutes ago, UNDHawks4life said:

Stick a fork in this squad their done. Cant compete with top teams. They look great against garbage omaha but cant do squat against top 10 teams!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

This can be a good squad,just take it one game at a time, need some one to bring the lunch pail mentality, need a full 60 out of everyone, take care of the little details, win sime more puck battles, put pucks on net, shoot the puck when the croud tells you to (guaranteed to score),keep the puck out of the Hawks net,  score more goals than the other team. They are close just need to get back to work on monday.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

But I would say Jost may not be ready for the rigors of an 82 game season.  Just hope we can turn this around so those contemplating leaving feel they have a chance at something special if they stay.  Let's face it, we have usually been coming off a Frozen Four so guys don't have a chance to play a few games at the end of the NHL season, and being so close to a Championship makes it easier to see it getting done the following year.

9 minutes ago, Siouxhawkey said:

This can be a good squad,just take it one game at a time, need some one to bring the lunch pail mentality, need a full 60 out of everyone, take care of the little details, win sime more puck battles, put pucks on net, shoot the puck when the croud tells you to (guaranteed to score),keep the puck out of the Hawks net,  score more goals than the other team. They are close just need to get back to work on monday.

Troll

• Downvote 2

It's surprising to me that the team seems fragile in the confidence end of things, a couple weeks removed from Omaha.  I guess giving up the lead against Miami will do that to you.  Of course they haven't been helped out by poor goaltending like they did in Omaha. It just seems after Cam gave up that first goal tonight, their energy level dropped quite a bit.  Instead of putting their nose back to the grindstone, they took some bad penalties and got further behind the eight ball.  They could use a nice come from behind win, but I'm good if they play from in front and win from here on out.

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Boeser looks like a 4 year player right now and that's not a compliment. The entire team had 0 mojo. This is where Stecher and Jewels would come in. They always had it. Someone needs to step up and be the spark plug for this team. 

If ausmus misses some time I think the team's speed and morale both get a boost. What a putzy goon. He's a goon in a non-goon league 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

If you're not getting scoring from your defense and having your defense jump into the play in College hockey, you'll have trouble consistently putting up goals.  We have to make sure our defense is taking care of their own end first before we can get the additional offense on the other end.  It was telling that Berry's post game with Tim he expressed this is the group we've got. I think we did well in the past with less talented teams when we lost recruits like Miller, Lemieux, Matteau etc.  Those teams just outworked and outwilled the other team.  Need to start with that, and then what you get is what you get. 

13 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

If ausmus misses some time I think the team's speed and morale both get a boost. What a putzy goon. He's a goon in a non-goon league 

He didn't have a good weekend, and I wondered if he was hurt going in, and perhaps he was since he sat when the game was determined.  You need a physical defenseman like him, but you can't take bad penalties.

Guys who should play next weekend (if everyone is healthy) IMO

Jost, Gersich, Boeser, Yon, Hoff, JJ, Gornall, Bowen, Pogo, both Poolmans, Johnson,  and Peski. 13 of need 18 skaters. Take your pick on the rest.

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Guys who should play next weekend (if healthy) IMO

Jost, Gersich, Boeser, Yon, Hoff, JJ, Gornall, Bowen, Pogo, both Poolmans, Johnson,  and Peski. 13 of need 18 skaters. Take you pick on the rest.

The talent level drops off like few Sioux teams I have seen since the end of Gino's run.  How did this happen with all of our success in making the Frozen Four.  No way some of these teams should out-recruit us.  

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Bruce Ciskie trolling on twitter....yup, it's officially a butt kicking, and all the vultures are out. 

... and with a team as good as Duluth, you would think they would have more fans. We haven't been great lately, and I guarantee you the next home series will be packed.  

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

... and with a team as good as Duluth, you would think they would have more fans. We haven't been great lately, and I guarantee you the next home series will be packed.  

Or not, Duluth is known for being a suitcase college. A lot of the students go home on the weekend. Or at least it was during my college days. Of course I am old like Mafia Man. 

11 minutes ago, Irish said:

The talent level drops off like few Sioux teams I have seen since the end of Gino's run.  How did this happen with all of our success in making the Frozen Four.  No way some of these teams should out-recruit us.  

Several busts...Murphy and Wilkie were supposed to score goals...

• Upvote 3