SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

Hopefully nothing long term on Jost, that's my real concern tonight other than the loss.
He's easily been our most consistent forward all year...can't lose him now.

And I don't think anyone should be surprised at all of UMD's diving...that's been a regular in their playbook for the last 3-4 seasons now it seems.

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

Hopefully nothing long term on Jost, that's my real concern tonight other than the loss.

And I don't think anyone should be surprised at all of UMD's diving...that's been a regular in their playbook for the last 3-4 seasons now it seems.

Easily??? Uh, gersich? How does he go so unnoticed? He plays well in all phases too. 

7 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

One other thing while I'm at it:  How many hits to the head does Jost have to take before something gets called!?!?!?

You have to lay on the ice or flail your head.  If you get up right away it isn't a penalty. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, brianvf said:

That Peterson act was made ten times worse when he's up and sitting on the boards and doesn't miss a shift while UND has to kill a five.  What a joke.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Denver lost and UND loses another chance to make movement in the standings. It's always possible, but without a sweep this weekend, another Penrose looks doubtful.

Penrose, Penrose, you're talking Penrose?!  Hell, I just want to finish in the top 4 of NCHC!  Penrose, ...!?

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, burd said:

We always seem to attribute games like this to character and hustle.  I just don't think were are as good as UMD. Doesn't mean we aren't capable of beating them, but most games we won't . 

9 hours ago, burd said:

I think we all knew that if we won it this year we would be taking it out the back door. Too much D lost.  Still can, though.   Just get in. 

You can't be all "duckie and Bunnie" about this! You must kick a garbage can and scream a bit, this season is toast, they just lost to a.....Higher ranked team....A better team, this is unacceptable! They may drop to.....OMG....8 or 9 in the pairwise! 

Sorry Burd, just trying out my pessimism...

I agree with you 100%...all they need to do is get to Fargo! If they do and lose, at least they had a chance. If they win in Fargo....Awesome! But either outcome will have nothing to do with one loss to Miami at home and 3 or 4 losses to UMD in the season! If they run into either one of those teams in the post season I will like our chances! 

But that's just me being all...."duckie and Bunnie"

• Upvote 1