SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

No, he's a bad d man...

He's not built for that position at this level.  Try to utilize his skills somewhere else

He's gonna put it together.  He's developing.  We'll need him in crunch time ...and next year.

57 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Who wants to play along in the "Duckies and Bunnies" portion of this thread?

I'll start........"It's only one game".

Next.............

OK.  I'll go again......."Pairwise Shmarwise".

Just now, OgieOgilthorpe said:

These team really could have used two of the guys that shouldn't have left. Thompson and L Johnson. Schmaltz would have been a bonus, but even those two would have made a prett big difference IMO. 

Schmaltz is at least getting NHL time and has played well. The other two could be very valuable for us.

3 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

These team really could have used two of the guys that shouldn't have left. Thompson and L Johnson. Schmaltz would have been a bonus, but even those two would have made a prett big difference IMO. 

Thompson and Johnson were vilified on this site pretty much all year last year, except Luke kind of came on in the last weeks.

• Upvote 2

Just now, burd said:

Thompson and Johnson were vilified on this site pretty much all year last year, except Luke kind of came on in the last weeks.

I vilified Johnson more the year before, when he whiffed on every other shot. Last year he was pretty solid.

Thompson was kind of a whipping boy. Probably had more to do with not being as good as the elite talent around him. Could definitely use his veteran leadership this year.

I miss Stecher.

2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I vilified Johnson more the year before, when he whiffed on every other shot. Last year he was pretty solid.

Thompson was kind of a whipping boy. Probably had more to do with not being as good as the elite talent around him. Could definitely use his veteran leadership this year.

I miss Stecher.

We all could see how good Stecher had become as a college player, now it looks like he's making NHL fans feel the same way about him.   He made a huge difference last year.

1 hour ago, nodakgirl93 said:

No overcoming adversity with this team. When you get down you have to get back up and keep playing. Gage needs to fire up the squad. 

Horse Hockey!!  Gage needs to play defense.  He has been awful this year.  Easily the worst man on the ice tonight.  Wolanin and Boeser weren't far behind.