SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

I looked at the play 20 times.  Head contact after elbow to nameplate, absolutely.  2 minute penalty.  The penalty was made a 5 because Peterson dove like swan.  He even looked for the reff.....

If that's a five then Olson should have gotten a five against Denver last year at the F4. 

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Head contact after elbow to nameplate, absolutely.  2 minute penalty. 

All head contact is automatically 5. Even tim on the radio after saying he dove agreed it should be a 5.

Why are UND fans so obsessed if a ref misses a call during a game? Goes both for and against numerous times a game to all teams..

• Upvote 1

With the on ice leadership being nonexistent with the current captains, maybe it's time to strip them of their letters. Gage wasn't the Captain last year even though he wore the "C" Stecher and Cags were the real Captains last year. Right now two guys with letters should be in the stands, Gage and Simo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I looked at the play 20 times.  Head contact after elbow to nameplate, absolutely.  2 minute penalty.  The penalty was made a 5 because Peterson dove like swan.  He even looked for the reff.....

If that's a five then Olson should have gotten a five against Denver last year at the F4. 

They've missed 5's this year for and against UND.

9 minutes ago, cberkas said:

With the on ice leadership being nonexistent with the current captains, maybe it's time to strip them of their letters. Gage wasn't the Captain last year even though he wore the "C" Stecher and Cags were the real Captains last year. Right now two guys with letters should be in the stands, Gage and Simo.

I agree with all of this expect Gage is better than 3 dmen even with his poor play. Simo has been a passenger now for weeks.

8 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I agree that there is a lack of leadership that we see.  From what I hear, Ausmus is a great captain.  This team doesn't have the workers that the team has had the last few years.  There isn't anyone who brings the lunch pail night in and night out like Stecher and Cags last year.  So the coach has to rely on C to help set tone.

1 minute ago, ringneck28 said:

I agree that there is a lack of leadership that we see.  From what I hear, Ausmus is a great captain.  This team doesn't have the workers that the team has had the last few years.  There isn't anyone who brings the lunch pail night in and night out like Stecher and Cags last year.  So the coach has to rely on C to help set tone.

Then the lunch pail worker needs to start with him. At some point lead by example. 

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Isn't any hit above the shoulders basically an automatic 5 these days though?

14 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Expect 3 blatant times on Jost last night.........

To answer your question.....No

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

I agree with all of this expect Gage is better than 3 dmen even with his poor play. Simo has been a passenger now for weeks.

11 minutes ago, cberkas said:

What are you both going off? Have you any idea the character and amount of class that Simo has? Leadership happens off the ice. It's been said on this thread before. They clearly don't generate numbers like our other boys but I know they both attain the ability to strike change. If anything, Gage needs to step up. I don't see stripping a letter as being anything constructive, especially in late January. 

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

Gage is the slowest guy out there and he hasn't earned his spot out there with or without the "C".

Top 5 defensemen are Poolmen's, Shaw, Johnson, Wolanin, and you can make the argument that Peski should be out there.

2 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

He needs to show it, just because you're well liked doesn't mean you should be the Captain.

Right now I'd seriously make Jost the Captain.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, SiouxSherm94 said:

What are you both going off? Have you any idea the character and amount of class that Simo has? Leadership happens off the ice. It's been said on this thread before. They clearly don't generate numbers like our other boys but I know they both attain the ability to strike change. If anything, Gage needs to step up. I don't see stripping a letter as being anything constructive, especially in late January. 

Leading by example also occurs on the ice. Lack of hustle from those wearing letters this year is not setting a good tone for the team. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Boogieman said:

And I saw all three from 306.

I hate to say it, but our guys need to start flopping because it seems like that is the only way these are called.  Flop take a peek at ref and if not called, limp off ice.  Come back next shift score a goal.  That is the recipe that gets these calls.  I hate it, but these refs only respond to someone flailing on the ice.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

I hate to say it, but our guys need to start flopping because it seems like that is the only way these are called.  Flop take a peek at ref and if not called, limp off ice.  Come back next shift score a goal.  That is the recipe that gets these calls.  I hate it, but these refs only respond to someone flailing on the ice.

UND did ok last year without flopping much.

Talent is the issue not diving.

UND players have definately flopped in the past. And still do it to this day. Just never discussed to great lengths here.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Random? Cam was off last night and wrinks looked really really shaky.

Cam looked shaky once again. Wrinks made quite a few nice saves and looked comfortable once he settled in. I'd start wrinks. Tomek wasn't exactly stellar last time he got in...makes sense he's the #3 

2 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Cam looked shaky once again. Wrinks made quite a few nice saves and looked comfortable once he settled in 

Why are we going to our walk-on instead of our 3rd rounder?  I wish someone would shine a little light on this - pulling Cam for Wrinks is futile.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Irish said:

Why are we going to our walk-on instead of our 3rd rounder?  I wish someone would shine a little light on this - pulling Cam for Wrinks is futile.

Cue scpa0305.............

• Upvote 1