SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 FCS PLAYOFFS SEMIS

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

2 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

"Good for the state.".....  I couldn't agree more....:silly::silly:. I've noticed since the bison started winning FCS titles, my property and income taxes have gone way down, that bald spot I had is filling in again, the wife's boobs are bigger, my spare tire is gone and I don't need to take my ExtenZe anymore. 

Or maybe it's just me??    

Pictures or it didn't happen.

I think jmu has the horses to do it.   They have the offensive weapons to move on anyone...just need to capitalize when the chances are there. Ndsu is not familiar with them so jmu has to hit them in the face first.....and often.  

They have an above average d ..... and please do not allow ndsu to run off an entire qtr of clock on one drive!!  

Their return teams are fantastic and could very well be the difference maker in the outcome.  

Of course I would love to see a complete ass whooping from jmu but will be very happy with a jmu 31-30  victory.    Go dukes!!!

Eastern Washington has a D this year, they are at home,  their offense will do what their offense has done every week and are the best fcs team in the nation.   E wash 41-24 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I think jmu has the horses to do it.   They have the offensive weapons to move on anyone...just need to capitalize when the chances are there. Ndsu is not familiar with them so jmu has to hit them in the face first.....and often.  

They have an above average d ..... and please do not allow ndsu to run off an entire qtr of clock on one drive!!  

Their return teams are fantastic and could very well be the difference maker in the outcome.  

Of course I would love to see a complete ass whooping from jmu but will be very happy with a jmu 31-30  victory.    Go dukes!!!

Eastern Washington has a D this year, they are at home,  their offense will do what their offense has done every week and are the best fcs team in the nation.   E wash 41-24 

Watch Morlock on the wheel route JMU......if I see that uncovered one more time I am going to crap in my pants!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 97SiouxAlum said:

UND sports fan here, but also a fan of the state of ND.  The only good thing that would come out of a NDSU loss would be to quiet some of the NDSU fan base who think they can do no wrong.  They can be a cocky bunch, but in reality by winning 5 in a row I can see why.

The biggest difference that I've always appreciated by UND fans are that most of us typically support other ND programs (NDSU) when they are still left in the playoffs.   In my opinion, the greater good is the fact that both programs have some local kids that I feel we should always support.  We don't want to stoop to the level of those rabid NDSU fans who only want a UND loss (in any sport) or spew their usual "Sioux suck" chant.  Just my two cents, but I've always believed UND fans are a higher level of class. 

You must not run into the same Bison fans I run into. I accepted it for a little bit but now it has gotten ridiculous. I can't even begin to describe! I wanted them to lose worse than I wanted UND to win...seriously. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

You must not run into the same Bison fans I run into. I accepted it for a little bit but now it has gotten ridiculous. I can't even begin to describe! I wanted them to lose worse than I wanted UND to win...seriously. 

I have actually started to resent Fargo all together because of their fan base. 

• Upvote 2

The Bison losing can only help us out. First of all, even though we don't get to play them every year, it is still a rivalry. In a rivalry, there is no support for the other school. The Bison losing in the playoffs at home will only help UND in the future with recruiting and confidence. Right now, as much as I don't like saying it, everyone has a fear of the Bison and their current winning ways. If those winning ways stop tonight, it will help the confidence of all FCS schools and show they can beat NDSU when it counts.

The only good thing about NDSU still playing is the UND coaches getting a head start on recruiting.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I am pretty sure if you went tailgating in Fargo with anything UND on you would NOT be welcomed and might be abused. 

My mom as she was walking to her car outside of the Alerus in 2003 had a full beer can thrown at her by a classy UND undergraduate. Pretty sure there are just as many idiots in the northern RR valley as there are in the south.

3 hours ago, 97SiouxAlum said:

UND sports fan here, but also a fan of the state of ND.  The only good thing that would come out of a NDSU loss would be to quiet some of the NDSU fan base who think they can do no wrong.  They can be a cocky bunch, but in reality by winning 5 in a row I can see why.

The biggest difference that I've always appreciated by UND fans are that most of us typically support other ND programs (NDSU) when they are still left in the playoffs.   In my opinion, the greater good is the fact that both programs have some local kids that I feel we should always support.  We don't want to stoop to the level of those rabid NDSU fans who only want a UND loss (in any sport) or spew their usual "Sioux suck" chant.  Just my two cents, but I've always believed UND fans are a higher level of class. 

Um, no.  

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

John, you stated you are going to BB game tonight, so am I. Take note how you are treated, and relate (if wearing SU gear) that to the type of SU fans mentioned above? Then report back, Good Game Tonight.

99/100 people will treat me fine.

If it's like last year.... The old lady sitting by me will tell me I am wearing the wrong color and then smile and say she's only joking.  And some dumb drunk college aged kid will get in my face for no reason.  And VMeister will come poke a little fun at me in the beer line. 

No different than what goes on in Fargo.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

99/100 people will treat me fine.

If it's like last year.... The old lady sitting by me will tell me I am wearing the wrong color and then smile and say she's only joking.  And some dumb drunk college aged kid will get in my face for no reason.  And VMeister will come poke a little fun at me in the beer line. 

No different than what goes on in Fargo.  

I think you will be able to beat her up though.