SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 FCS PLAYOFFS SEMIS

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

UND sports fan here, but also a fan of the state of ND.  The only good thing that would come out of a NDSU loss would be to quiet some of the NDSU fan base who think they can do no wrong.  They can be a cocky bunch, but in reality by winning 5 in a row I can see why.

The biggest difference that I've always appreciated by UND fans are that most of us typically support other ND programs (NDSU) when they are still left in the playoffs.   In my opinion, the greater good is the fact that both programs have some local kids that I feel we should always support.  We don't want to stoop to the level of those rabid NDSU fans who only want a UND loss (in any sport) or spew their usual "Sioux suck" chant.  Just my two cents, but I've always believed UND fans are a higher level of class. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

5 minutes ago, 97SiouxAlum said:

UND sports fan here, but also a fan of the state of ND.  The only good thing that would come out of a NDSU loss would be to quiet some of the NDSU fan base who think they can do no wrong.  They can be a cocky bunch, but in reality by winning 5 in a row I can see why.

The biggest difference that I've always appreciated by UND fans are that most of us typically support other ND programs (NDSU) when they are still left in the playoffs.   In my opinion, the greater good is the fact that both programs have some local kids that I feel we should always support.  We don't want to stoop to the level of those rabid NDSU fans who only want a UND loss (in any sport) or spew their usual "Sioux suck" chant.  Just my two cents, but I've always believed UND fans are a higher level of class. 

You’ve heard of a Market Correction, well our friends to the south need a Fan Correction. The Bizon FB team needs to get knocked off the throne, and the sooner the better.

First of all I must apologize, I routed for the Bizon in their first 2 of 5 consecutive FCS NC games. I taught it would be good for state. Although with some merit, that reasoning has since been overwhelmed by the actions of a lot of their fans, mostly by their arrogance and rootlessness, but not limited to. I’m sorry.

This is not to be construed as anything against the team personally, but that in many, it’s the only way to kill this cancer in the fan base. The FB team must loose, to humble those most in need.

Also worth noting, Div I aspirations have created a lot of amosite between the schools, and a separation of the schools in many ways. That’s not a good formula for a great rivalry.

With the winning teams of MOO U FB, many of their fans have gone over the top.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

How is the Bison winning in the playoffs good for the state of ND when we are at the same level as them...DI!! It would be different if we were DII or if we were still transitioning, but at the same level we are competing for recruiting, notoriety, and fans. The 80's were all NDSU, they won title after title, and we struggled to get to the top, then when they stopped winning titles after 1990, UND took over winning playoff games, recruiting battles (no matter what those Bison fans say), and our fanbase grew. We played for 2 national titles in the early 2000's, and Bison fans didn't say it was good for the state that UND is doing all of this. Its called a rivalry. As a UND fan, I want them to die on the field. I want any team to enter that dome and beat the living sh*t out of them. Because that is good for the University of North Dakota.

You said that much better than I did, really hope the Dukes can come out of Fargo with a win.

• Upvote 3

don't get me wrong, I certainly wouldn't mind a Bison loss.  Overall, I just believe UND fans show a lot more class.   It is correct that a NDSU fan will never, ever root for a UND team.

If NDSU wins, One thing I promise that we will again witness is them chanting in Frisco that the Sioux suck.  Yeah, it's a rivalry.  However, you're not playing against UND so show some class and give up the chant.  I believe this "chant" by NDSU fans is a big reason why the NCAA stepped in and took the name from us.  Case in point - You don't see UND fans cheering "Buck the Fison"  when we win hockey championships....Go Sioux

• Upvote 3

Just now, 97SiouxAlum said:

don't get me wrong, I certainly wouldn't mind a Bison loss.  Overall, I just believe UND fans show a lot more class.   It is correct that a NDSU fan will never, ever root for a UND team.

If NDSU wins, One thing I promise that we will again witness is them chanting in Frisco that the Sioux suck.  Yeah, it's a rivalry.  However, you're not playing against UND so show some class and give up the chant.  I believe this "chant" by NDSU fans is a big reason why the NCAA stepped in and took the name from us.  Case in point - You don't see UND fans cheering "Buck the Fison"  when we win hockey championships....Go Sioux

That's a very pomagranates vs cumquats comparison. 

• Upvote 3