SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney - Toronto/Montreal

AZSIOUX

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

37 shots on goal for the U.S.  32 saves for Tomek through two periods.  

Some goals he'd probably like back, but he hasn't been bad.  Nothing about his game leads one to believe he couldn't get into a game for UND the second half. 

He has more than held his own so far in this one.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, ksl_sioux4ever said:

It was a nice goal but it looked like Thompson was offsides. Goal or no goal though, usa was taking this one. Tomek played better than the guy last night though

Tomek didn't look fatigued like Huska did. Not sure who they go with, I think Tomek is a bit better then Huska. If Tomek had gontten some games this year I think he does better. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, ksl_sioux4ever said:

It was a nice goal but it looked like Thompson was offsides. Goal or no goal though, usa was taking this one. Tomek played better than the guy last night though

I have the game on my DVR, I could put the goals up later tonight. 

4 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Back to Back Shutouts.   

Even with Slovakia's defense in front of him.

why is not Cam so good like last year ? Because a team in front of him. And he is 3 years older than Tomek, who can afford some mistakes after 1 season without  a match (Cam did it when he was 21 !!!  and started in UND).

And last reason is next season, who will be in the net, Cam and Matt will go away and Peter Thome in the USHL has not very impressive stats 

4 hours ago, spotter said:

why is not Cam so good like last year ? Because a team in front of him. And he is 3 years older than Tomek, who can afford some mistakes after 1 season without  a match (Cam did it when he was 21 !!!  and started in UND).

And last reason is next season, who will be in the net, Cam and Matt will go away and Peter Thome in the USHL has not very impressive stats 

Your English seems a little....Rough! 

Tomek....Is this you?

:lol:

There is nothing different about Cam...and you (Tomek) will be the superstar the next two years....No worries!

7 hours ago, spotter said:

It isn't a certainty that Cam will leave after this season.  It all depends on the offers he gets.  True his numbers aren't as good, but I think that NHL scouts understand the defense isn't as veteran in front of him either.  But Cam could decide to stay and improve his stock and numbers, even if it means he may not play all the time like he has this year.  

• Upvote 1