SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney - Toronto/Montreal

AZSIOUX

I hope he plays well too, either way, he's going to give up quite a few goals. The US team has a lot of fire power and the Slovaks looks terrible last night. 

I've kind of felt bad for him.  He's been an easy target to criticize (by local writers), which has came out of no where (other than local fans wanting to see him play earlier this year).  He's also been poked fun at by national writers for not seeing any playing time in the two years at UND.  If he does play well I'd like to see him get a few games in at UND before the end of the year.  Having two good goalies ready to play is a best case scenario.  Also, Cam's statistics won't get him in the Richter conversation this year.

9 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I hope he plays well too, either way, he's going to give up quite a few goals. The US team has a lot of fire power and the Slovaks looks terrible last night. 

I've kind of felt bad for him.  He's been an easy target to criticize (by local writers), which has came out of no where (other than local fans wanting to see him play earlier this year).  He's also been poked fun at by national writers for not seeing any playing time in the two years at UND.  If he does play well I'd like to see him get a few games in at UND before the end of the year.  Having two good goalies ready to play is a best case scenario.  Also, Cam's statistics won't get him in the Richter conversation this year.

There was an article written about him making the team and WDAY use I picture of Anderson. 

The only way Cam wins the Richter is because he should have gotten it last year over Demko.

3 minutes ago, cberkas said:

There was an article written about him making the team and WDAY use I picture of Anderson. 

The only way Cam wins the Richter is because he should have gotten it last year over Demko.

The voters have essentially already picked the Richter winner. Demko probably had that won by November last year. 

4 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I've kind of felt bad for him.  He's been an easy target to criticize (by local writers), which has came out of no where (other than local fans wanting to see him play earlier this year).  He's also been poked fun at by national writers for not seeing any playing time in the two years at UND.

Have I missed some articles? I haven't seen any actual local journalists that have criticized him. I don't pay attention to much national stuff but I haven't seen much of that either. Message board fodder is about the only thing critical I've seen of him and most of it is more just curiousness of why he isn't playing or even second string at this point.

16 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Have I missed some articles? I haven't seen any actual local journalists that have criticized him. I don't pay attention to much national stuff but I haven't seen much of that either. Message board fodder is about the only thing critical I've seen of him and most of it is more just curiousness of why he isn't playing or even second string at this point.

Schlossman and Goon both wrote articles about Tomek since people on the forum and gameday chats were wanting Tomek to be given a chance to start a game since Cam has struggled in some of the games.

• Upvote 1