SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney - Toronto/Montreal

AZSIOUX

If Tomek's first real game in over a year and a half is against the Canadians that would be terrible :)  Whoever is the goalie tonight is going to get blown up.

If he doesn't start tonight I wonder if he get's the US game tomorrow....that would be interesting.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, cberkas said:

They take too many penalties the good teams will get the US to take penalties,  they only had a 1 goal lead until the end of the 2nd. 

They also dominated possession and in shots, however. I absolutely agree with the penalties, however. I just think they have too much scoring talent not to medal.

12 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

If Tomek's first real game in over a year and a half is against the Canadians that would be terrible :)  Whoever is the goalie tonight is going to get blown up.

If he doesn't start tonight I wonder if he get's the US game tomorrow....that would be interesting.

You've got to believe the Slovak coaches wouldn't start him with the knowledge that Jost has seen him every day in practice at North Dakota.

Then again, you're right....Patrick Roy couldn't save Slovakia tonight, so does it really matter who the goalie is?

21 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You've got to believe the Slovak coaches wouldn't start him with the knowledge that Jost has seen him every day in practice at North Dakota.

Then again, you're right....Patrick Roy couldn't save Slovakia tonight, so does it really matter who the goalie is?

Jost hasn't seen the Russian goalie every day and it didn't seem to matter :D

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, cberkas said:

And so is Russia, except Russia is up 3-0 in the first. 

US could have easily been up 3-0. The difference between the Latvia goalie today and yesterday is pretty evident. Plus, Russia is in their second game. US kept growing as the game went a long last night and will preform better in their second game.

8 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Jost hasn't seen the Russian goalie every day and it didn't seem to matter :D

This being said, I have a question that's a bit of a tangent.

Say your #1 goalie for your college hockey team plays for a different country & you have guys playing for your country that you'll likely face in NCAAs.

Do you tell the guys 'Hey this goalie is weak five hole or is known to cheat the pass on a 2 on 1', knowing that they could use it against him in the NCAA postseason down the line?

4 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

This being said, I have a question that's a bit of a tangent.

Say your #1 goalie for your college hockey team plays for a different country & you have guys playing for your country that you'll likely face in NCAAs.

Do you tell the guys 'Hey this goalie is weak five hole or is known to cheat the pass on a 2 on 1', knowing that they could use it against him in the NCAA postseason down the line?

I don't think there are many secrets with all the film sessions