SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney - Toronto/Montreal

AZSIOUX

9 hours ago, sioux rube said:

A shootout should not be the way to end this. Hate it 

I agree...but looking back, I don't think I would remember the games when Toews scored 3 SO goals, Oshie scored 3/4 SO goals to beat Russia in the Olympics or Terry scoring 3 times to finally beat Russia if it wasn't for shoot outs. Those were by far the most memorable moments of those games and it sure did make for some excitement. The teams know it's a possibility so they plan for it and practice for it just like any other part of their game. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I agree...but looking back, I don't think I would remember the games when Toews scored 3 SO goals, Oshie scored 3/4 SO goals to beat Russia in the Olympics or Terry scoring 3 times to finally beat Russia if it wasn't for shoot outs. Those were by far the most memorable moments of those games and it sure did make for some excitement. The teams know it's a possibility so they plan for it and practice for it just like any other part of their game. 

I agree.  In the grand scheme of things a shootout should not be the deciding factor....but both the semi and championship game shootouts were beyond awesome.  Theatre on ice.  I enjoyed the game.  Greatest I've seen in long time.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to thank Bob Motzko for a job well done on this tournament.  St Cloud State's season may have ended on a didappointing note, but the job he and his coaching staff did in this tournament made 2016-2017 worth remembering for USA hockey fans all over the world.  Nice job, coach.  See you at the Hogg on Saturday!

• Upvote 1