SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney - Toronto/Montreal

AZSIOUX

7 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

I get what you're saying - run that clock with multiple chances vs. an all or nothing with no time coming off - but I probably still take the shot.  Goalies are typically disadvantaged on the penalty shot, plus you have no chance of giving up a short-handed breakaway while you try to score.

I am more on the end the game on the advantage side, than try and score side.  That way Russia has no chance to go 6-5 in the final moments with their goaltender off the ice. 

Definitely pros and cons for both sides of the argument.  Not even sure I wouldn't take the penalty shot.:)

Should be an interesting Saturday.  This is how I think things end up in the group stage after tomorrow:

Group A:
1. Sweden
2. Denmark
3. Czech Republic
4. Switzerland

Group B:
1. Canada
2. USA
3. Russia
4. Slovakia

So in the quarters you've got:  Sweden-Slovakia, Denmark-Russia, USA-Czechs, Canada-Switzerland.  Should be a great day of hockey tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Should be an interesting Saturday.  This is how I think things end up in the group stage after tomorrow:

Group A:
1. Sweden
2. Denmark
3. Czech Republic
4. Switzerland

Group B:
1. Canada
2. USA
3. Russia
4. Slovakia

So in the quarters you've got:  Sweden-Slovakia, Denmark-Russia, USA-Czechs, Canada-Switzerland.  Should be a great day of hockey tomorrow. 

They had determined that Canada and Sweden will be in Montreal.

I don't see the Czech's beating Sweden, so Goup A will stay how it is. If that goal would have counted for Switzerland. They would have finished 2nd.

Denmark going to be a tough team or they will at least put up a fight.

If Finland loses to Latvia in relegation watch there be a rule put in to keep the Big Six or Five (depending on how you look at it) from going to relegation.