SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney - Toronto/Montreal

AZSIOUX

12 hours ago, WiSioux said:

Is anyone else irked at the College Hockey Inc ads that don't even include UND?

Me and my daughter were talking about this! NCAA advertising always hides UND, and I remember a couple-3? years ago when Union won the championship, the NCAA commercial for college hockey ended with MN laying on the ice with a trophy in front of them! Why not show the reigning champs?

Just like this year, how do you promote college hockey without even showing the reigning champs once?!!!

I hate that commercial! Eichel Eichel Eichel!!!  :lol:

• Upvote 1

Been thinking about this for a while now - but how about a MTS Centre (Winnipeg) and Ralph Engelstad joint bid for WJC?  The two cities are closer than Montreal and Toronto.  US could plays games in GF, Canada could play games in Winnipeg.  Even if the semifinals/final would have to be in The Peg,  it would be still awesome to have some WJC action back in GF.  And I'd drive to Winnipeg to see the semis/final if the US were playing.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Been thinking about this for a while now - but how about a MTS Centre (Winnipeg) and Ralph Engelstad joint bid for WJC?  The two cities are closer than Montreal and Toronto.  US could plays games in GF, Canada could play games in Winnipeg.  Even if the semifinals/final would have to be in The Peg,  it would be still awesome to have some WJC action back in GF.  And I'd drive to Winnipeg to see the semis/final if the US were playing.

Don't think that will ever happen for the mere fact that the event is hosted by a country and the venues are in different countries and I doubt either USA Hockey or Hockey Canada is going to be okay with it.

51 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Me and my daughter were talking about this! NCAA advertising always hides UND, and I remember a couple-3? years ago when Union won the championship, the NCAA commercial for college hockey ended with MN laying on the ice with a trophy in front of them! Why not show the reigning champs?

Just like this year, how do you promote college hockey without even showing the reigning champs once?!!!

I hate that commercial! Eichel Eichel Eichel!!!  :lol:

College Hockey Inc is not run by the NCAA.  It is a joint-venture by the conferences to promote college hockey.  

CHI has a handful of videos promoting college hockey, including some created after the Tampa Frozen Four that show UND. Their newest video has two shots of UND players scoring plus an exterior shot of the Ralph.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I've also been thinking this in the last couple days. It could work but I wonder if either country would protest that they only get half of the tournament?

13 hours ago, WiSioux said:

Is anyone else irked at the College Hockey Inc ads that don't even include UND?

I was thinking the same exact thing. I mean come on. The 2016 national champions and best program on the face of this planet. 

18 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Not quite true. The heavily-produced NCAA Championship video that went out to every venue during this year's FCS football playoffs -- including the Alerus -- featured several shots of UND winning and celebrating the NC in Tampa.

I was just on CHN and there was a Banner for Frozen Four tickets that was 2 UND players and on Quinnipiac in the photo.  That is NCAA using UND as well.

18 hours ago, cberkas said:

I don't think so, I feel like Pegula is making or wanting USA Hockey put the WJC in Buffalo as much as possible.

Buffalo is close to Canadian markets, which drive attendance at this event.  Mpls/SP has hosted in past, have they not?