SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BC - Saturday Gameday MSG ********

AZSIOUX

2 hours ago, bcblues said:

I totally agree that the two penalties we took were bone headed.  And we paid the the price with a hefty penalty.  I believe that the BC player interfered with Cam, and that it was intentional after the shove in a different direction. 

Yes 3-2

again no spotlights or horn.

Since when is MSG BC home ice?

Their horn was super weak... Could hardly even hear it at the end of the period.

15 minutes ago, keikla said:

The penalty on Gardner happened right in front of me.  It was 100% a legit penalty.  Not only did Gardner rip Savage's (great hockey name) helmet backwards, but Gardner continued to pull on it so the chin strap was actually choking the guy.  Not cool at all.

The thing that got missed in that scrum is that the puck was loose between Woll's legs, and it was actually the defenseman who covered the puck.

The atmosphere in the arena was amazing.  Someone please post a video from after one of the goals.  The majority of the fans were doing the little arm pump dance the student section  usually does and were singing along.  The place was just rocking. Minus a little quiet at the start of the 3rd, there were so many chants and cheers.

I talked to a couple BC fans before the game.  They were just in awe of all the green and said they greatly respect our program and especially how the fans travel.

I think it's fitting that Olson scored.  There were two separate times earlier in the game when he did some stick handling moves, and I thought "wow. I didn't realize Olson could do that."  Hopefully this builds a little momentum for him.

Cam may want that 3rd goal back, but he's the only reason UND made it out of the first period without a goal against.  It was spectacular watching some of those saves up close.

It might be in here. http://thesportsdaily.com/goonsworld-blog/unds-new-york-state-of-mind-video/

8 hours ago, keikla said:

The penalty on Gardner happened right in front of me.  It was 100% a legit penalty.  Not only did Gardner rip Savage's (great hockey name) helmet backwards, but Gardner continued to pull on it so the chin strap was actually choking the guy.  Not cool at all.

The thing that got missed in that scrum is that the puck was loose between Woll's legs, and it was actually the defenseman who covered the puck.

The atmosphere in the arena was amazing.  Someone please post a video from after one of the goals.  The majority of the fans were doing the little arm pump dance the student section  usually does and were singing along.  The place was just rocking. Minus a little quiet at the start of the 3rd, there were so many chants and cheers.

I talked to a couple BC fans before the game.  They were just in awe of all the green and said they greatly respect our program and especially how the fans travel.

I think it's fitting that Olson scored.  There were two separate times earlier in the game when he did some stick handling moves, and I thought "wow. I didn't realize Olson could do that."  Hopefully this builds a little momentum for him.

Cam may want that 3rd goal back, but he's the only reason UND made it out of the first period without a goal against.  It was spectacular watching some of those saves up close.

So did we over power MSG as good as we did in Tampa?

17 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

So does Brock get rested/healed up in time just to head off to the World Juniors? 

Haha maybe.  Boys looked pretty good last night. Other than a few flurries BC want up to snuff last night.

sounds like we could have up to three players headed to the WJC.

8 hours ago, keikla said:

Nice post. So far this year Olson has shown flashes of being a pretty headsy player.  A few passes he's made this year have surprised me.  He's not a great skater at all but he can sure move the puck; he sees the ice well.

That third goal cam let in was deflected.

10 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Schlossman reported attendance of 11,348.  If UND had four times the BC fans, that gives about 9000 UND fans assuming that their wasn't many neutral NY observers.

New Yorkers aren't neutral about anything.  If they didn't have a favorite, they hated them both. 

• Upvote 4

Absolutely huge win for PWR and for this growing team.  To do it without BBoeser also tells this team a little about itself.  We've played the second toughest schedule in college hockey and are growing- hopefully the MSU series stands out in retrospect as the weekend we bottomed out as a group of players and emerged as a team.  This game was certainly a step in the right direction.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Absolutely huge win for PWR and for this growing team.  To do it without BBoeser also tells this team a little about itself.  We've played the second toughest schedule in college hockey and are growing- hopefully the MSU series stands out in retrospect as the weekend we bottomed out as a group of players and emerged as a team.  This game was certainly a step in the right direction.  

I absolutely agree, yser.  And yet they could have played that  exact same game and if Cam hadn't stood on his head early, we would most likely have lost.  That's not a criticism of their play or your comment--just an observation how thin the difference can be between winning and losing, even when the team works hard and plays well.  We fans lose sight of that at times.

2 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

To be fair, BC is an awfully young team too.

37 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

To be fair, BC is an awfully young team too.

Never said otherwise...we needed a win against a top tier non-conference opponent.  We got it.  We got it without Boeser.  We played racehorse hockey with one of the best and came out on top, because our goaltending and 4th line outplayed theirs, and our #1 draft pick showed why.