SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND vs SUU 1PM

geaux_sioux

Very impressed with the development of young players.  To think that WR was a weak spot after Clive went down.  Now Toivonen, Wanzek, and Mercer have really stepped up.  Running back situation was thought to be weak if Santiago went down.  Gordon and Norberg have really stepped up.  Pass defense and special teams defense has some holes to fill, but SUU had some real offensive weapons.

This game was the most impressive showing so far.

Schweigert's systems of emphasizing turnover margin really seems to be working now.

Very nice win UND....way to go guys!  Overcame some big plays being made against us and still won by 20.  Almost 2 to 1 in time of possession.  I agree.....Studs is playing great....again no turnovers for him.   Hopefully Reyes sitting this week allows him to get healthy, we definitely miss him back there.   Definitely makes for a great Homecoming weekend for everybody!

14 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

This is the Keaton that we were all expecting to see.  He won this game with his arm.

No doubt!  If had to summarize this team, I would say "the offense is good, the defense is better, and special teams are questionable."  Today I think the offense was better than the defense. 

4 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

4-0 big sky

Nice win today without Cole and Tai.   Keaton is a stud.  really nice to see Hanson get the interception.  Now next week we want some big time redemption on Idaho State.  They kept us out of the Playoffs last year.

• Upvote 1

Just got back to Fargo from the game, first great intro compared to the intro at the Potato Bowl, second our passing game looked really good for us being a running team, and third seeing the 97 NCAA champion women's basketball team assembled was a nice sight to see (being at that game in the Hyslop was memorable). One thing to work on was play calling inside the 5. You throw twice instead of a run up the middle? Also what was with all the QB draws, seemed like a lot.  I liked the Hawk screech addition to the game, the Alerus is getting more and more Hawk friendly. Overall it was a great game.

Whoa...after last year, we don't talk playoffs around here till it happens.

I've been down on Studsrud, but he was great today. Several key third down passes were spot one.

They don't score their first offensive (non Kickoff) TD if Reyes is there. When does he and Taj come back? How long is Stanley out?

7 minutes ago, Finn flick said:

Wondering the same thing.  Please clarify.  If it was a late hit, I did not see, it. Thanks. 

I guessed that was the reason, and everyone here seemed to think so too (who might have had a better view). I didn't really see it either.

13 minutes ago, shep said:

Whoa...after last year, we don't talk playoffs around here till it happens.

I've been down on Studsrud, but he was great today. Several key third down passes were spot one.

They don't score their first offensive (non Kickoff) TD if Reyes is there. When does he and Taj come back? How long is Stanley out?

Studsrud has been playing at an all conference level the last 3 games.

50/71 734 yards 6 tds 0 ints

That's not even bringing up his running. I would argue he is our most important piece to the team right now. Maybe Reyes but Keaton is really making us go. 

• Upvote 1