SiouxSports.com Forum

Hawks vs Bobcats predictions

Nodak78

49 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Prediction is really hard on this one. Ball could bounce either way -- should be a good, close game. I'm just glad Midco picked this game up! Coverage improvements for road games this season have been excellent!

Totally agree with this, I could see it going either way.  Each week we keep thinking the offense is going to come together and I usually base my prediction on that......but then it never happens.  I hope like some of the others have said, that our offense kicks in during conference play.  I feel like doing the reverse psychology thing and predicting our offense to continue to struggle so that it ends up busting open this week.  I'm going to go the weenie route and go in between and just not make a score prediction!  My only prediction is that we go with white pants and white jerseys like we had against Wyoming when we rolled on the road. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

So they couldn't go 8-3, 7-4 or even 6-5 (WIU) with all the 'quality losses'...

Got it.

Could they? It is possible......but a 1-3 FB team after 4 weeks isn't a good FB no matter how you look at it thru green tinted glasses. 7-4 might get them in but that would mean UND would have to go 6-1 to end the season if they lose tomorrow.  Could they do that?  Ehhhh......not likely IMO. How about they just win tomorrow to get to .500. 

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Could they? It is possible......but a 1-3 FB team after 4 weeks isn't a good FB no matter how you look at it thru green tinted glasses. 7-4 might get them in but that would mean UND would have to go 6-1 to end the season if they lose tomorrow.  Could they do that?  Ehhhh......not likely IMO. How about they just win tomorrow to get to .500. 

NDSU played CSU, EWU, and Iowa. Could have easily started 0-3 instead of 3-0, would they have been a bad team? I'm not saying the competition is exactly comparable to what we have played, though SBU looks like they could be decent, but the point is the same. 

Agreed, 1-3 isn't how you want to start, but you can't just pack it in either. 

5 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

NDSU played CSU, EWU, and Iowa. Could have easily started 0-3 instead of 3-0, would they have been a bad team? I'm not saying the competition is exactly comparable to what we have played, though SBU looks like they could be decent, but the point is the same. 

Agreed, 1-3 isn't how you want to start, but you can't just pack it in either. 

Can anyone deal in reality here?  NDSU IS 3-0 because they WON all 3 games.  UND is 1-2....end of story. The would have, could have and should have BS needs to end. #leavenodoubt was the mantra all off season so I'm not saying the team or the fans will pack it in at 1-3 but REALITY is the odds of them going 6-1 to make the playoffs is not good. Could they do it?  Again possibly. I think UND wins tomorrow and goes on a pretty good run moving forward but if I'm wrong it's a steep uphill climb.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Can anyone deal in reality here?  NDSU IS 3-0 because they WON all 3 games.  UND is 1-2....end of story. The would have, could have and should have BS needs to end. #leavenodoubt was the mantra all off season so I'm not saying the team or the fans will pack it in at 1-3 but REALITY is the odds of them going 6-1 to make the playoffs is noy good. Could they do it?  Again possibly. I think UND wins tomorrow and goes on a pretty good run moving forward but if I'm wrong it's a steep uphill climb.

Sounds like you missed your birdie on 18 -

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Can anyone deal in reality here?  NDSU IS 3-0 because they WON all 3 games.  UND is 1-2....end of story. The would have, could have and should have BS needs to end. #leavenodoubt was the mantra all off season so I'm not saying the team or the fans will pack it in at 1-3 but REALITY is the odds of them going 6-1 to make the playoffs is noy good. Could they do it?  Again possibly. I think UND wins tomorrow and goes on a pretty good run moving forward but if I'm wrong it's a steep uphill climb.

Dude, I need to buy you a beer, because nobody should be wound up this tight.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I don't see anything in this post that is not correct. 

However, if the Sioux go 6-1 to finish the season, whether from 1-3 or 2-2, and don't make the playoffs...  That would confirm any and all conspiracy theories. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Can anyone deal in reality here?  NDSU IS 3-0 because they WON all 3 games.  UND is 1-2....end of story. The would have, could have and should have BS needs to end. #leavenodoubt was the mantra all off season so I'm not saying the team or the fans will pack it in at 1-3 but REALITY is the odds of them going 6-1 to make the playoffs is not good. Could they do it?  Again possibly. I think UND wins tomorrow and goes on a pretty good run moving forward but if I'm wrong it's a steep uphill climb.

Football is a crazy sport, UND loses to a good Stony Brook (defense) team on the road in a close game.  Turn around and for the most part play a pretty good game and lose a heartbreaker to an FBS team with a delusional head coach.  Finally they get a win in the USD game in which I thought was the worst one in terms of play on the field.  Little things can make a huge difference in a football game and if the offense can continue to improve I feel pretty good about the season going forward.