SiouxSports.com Forum

Hawks vs Bobcats predictions

Nodak78

Tomorrow is gateway.  Lets get some predictions.

Bobcats DL is a bit thin.  I believe UND OL will prevail and move the chains.   Santiago will go over a 100yds with a couple longer runs of 25+ yds. 

Both team's secondary are greatly improved.  Studs rarely gives up Interceptions. So I think we win the day.

UND needs to contain Newell between the tackles as well as Murray their QB from running.

Hawks 24

Bobcats 20

2 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Tomorrow is gateway.  Lets get some predictions.

Bobcats DL is a bit thin.  I believe UND OL will prevail and move the chains.   Santiago will go over a 100yds with a couple longer runs of 25+ yds. 

Both team's secondary are greatly improved.  Studs rarely gives up Interceptions. So I think we win the day.

UND needs to contain Newell between the tackles as well as Murray their QB from running.

Hawks 24

Bobcats 20

gateway-computer-logo-md.jpg

Let's get it.

UND - 20

MSU - 13

• Upvote 2

UND's offense took a step forward last week in terms of getting points. This week they take another step forward in terms of finding consistency throughout the game. Fewer 3 and outs. O-line will find a little more consistency and the running game will take another step forward. Last season Big Sky play is when UND's offense started to find itself. I think that it because of the types of defenses that we will see within the conference, and I think our offense starts to find itself again.

All eyes will be on Santiago after last year; their coach was very clear about that, but I think Santiago still finds some room to run. Oliveira too. I think Brady could have a really big game. Last year we threw the ball 11 times (completing 7) against Mt St. We ran the ball 52 times! I know their defense will look different this year, but I think we see a heavy dose of the run game against a big sky opponent. And for the love of God, please make John Walker look ridiculous - Maybe get Santiago into the secondary and juke him out of his shoes.

Mt St will likely have a game similar to what their coach was talking about, with UND giving up a few big plays, but UND getting to the QB enough with blitzes and junk throughout the game. Gotta contain Newell and force some turnovers; I'd love to see another pick 6 this week. 

Fighting Seagulls 37
Angry Kitties 27

Hard to know which way this one's going to go, but I'm going with the good guys in another nailbiter and praying for no more injuries:

UND    31

MSU     30

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

UND's offense took a step forward last week in terms of getting points. This week they take another step forward in terms of finding consistency throughout the game. Fewer 3 and outs. O-line will find a little more consistency and the running game will take another step forward. Last season Big Sky play is when UND's offense started to find itself. I think that it because of the types of defenses that we will see within the conference, and I think our offense starts to find itself again.

I agree.  F'n hawks 27, BCats 24

Talent wise we are similar to Idaho. (Idaho by the way is no world beater, was smoked by Washington State by 50) Idaho held MSU to 105 rush yards for a 2.8 yard average. (insert Rudolph joke here)  Advantage F'n Hawks as our run D is better than Idahos.  With our improved secondary, please be healthy Reyes, we shouldn't be a total push over against their pass game, either.  

Idaho rushed for 225 yards, 6.4 yard average against MSU.  Bryant only ran for 84 yards, but passed for 368. Seems to me we should be able to move the ball.

What success will the B-cats have passing is the key to this game.  2 picks by us and the cats are toast.  300 yards in the air and we are toast.

Roll Tribe   31 - 18 good guys.

Rudolph's predictable offense will do much better against MSU.  Not sold on mont st d being that much better then lat year as their competition has been weak thus far.   Plus their d line is ravaged by injuries and it's game four for the o line combined with Santiago's abilities, secret weapon cloyd, sprinkle in some brady, und should do alright offensively.  Sustain drives!!!  

Defensively und has cieslak and greer back, this is huge!  If the offense can sustain drives and let the d get some breathers und will be fine. 

Und 31-20

UND should be able to run on Montana State; of course, many thought UND could run on South Dakota, too (eventually it happened, but not until late). 

UND also should be able to shut down Montana State's running game; however, UND is susceptible to coverage lapses and the big play. 

On paper, UND should win this game by 10 to 14 points.

On the field, given how poor UND has started games, Montana State should win this game being they are the home team. 

My heart tells me UND. My mind tells me heartbreak and a huge early blow (3rd loss) to this year's playoff expectations. 

Prediction is really hard on this one. Ball could bounce either way -- should be a good, close game. I'm just glad Midco picked this game up! Coverage improvements for road games this season have been excellent!

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND should be able to run on Montana State; of course, many thought UND could run on South Dakota, too (eventually it happened, but not until late). 

UND also should be able to shut down Montana State's running game; however, UND is susceptible to coverage lapses and the big play. 

On paper, UND should win this game by 10 to 14 points.

On the field, given how poor UND has started games, Montana State should win this game being they are the home team. 

My heart tells me UND. My mind tells me heartbreak and a huge early blow (3rd loss) to this year's playoff expectations. 

If UND loses tomorrow ALL conversations and opinions about the playoffs need to end.............reality needs to take hold at some point.

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If UND loses tomorrow ALL conversations and opinions about the playoffs need to end.............reality needs to take hold at some point.

Mathematically, if UND loses to Montana State tomorrow, UND could still finish the season with only 1 conference loss and a conference championship with the autobid (i.e. 2015 SUU).

Given this year's weak schedule, I have a hard time eliminating UND from the playoffs if they are still mathematically eligible. Yes, I am disappointed in many ways by how this team has played in the first 3 ball games (slow starts, penalties, blown coverages, etc.); however, I am not going to just jump ship because of that. 

6 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Mathematically, if UND loses to Montana State tomorrow, UND could still finish the season with only 1 conference loss and a conference championship with the autobid (i.e. 2015 SUU).

Given this year's weak schedule, I have a hard time eliminating UND from the playoffs if they are still mathematically eligible. Yes, I am disappointed in many ways this team has played in the first 3 ball games (slow starts, penalties, blown coverages, etc.); however, I am not going to just jump ship because of that. 

No disagreeing but they would have to win 2 games in a row just to get to .500 with a loss tomorrow. I think UND will get to 2-2 vs the Cats though.  If they go to 1-3 and the talk of "mathematically" still eligible for the playoffs rears it's head next week at some point you are what your record is.

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Depends on which beer I go with and how the game goes. I drink less when we do poorly. In the 4th quarter last game I was too busy cheering to get another beer.... Maybe it should be 0? Luckily I'm not superstitious. I'll set it at 4.5.

Mine consumption usually depends on the intensity of the game. Close game with a lot of nerves and a lot riding on the game, the beer goes quicker. If anyone remembers back to the Sioux/Gopher game where Evan Trupp hit the baseball goal in OT .... well it was a bad night to have a kegger. Especially, when you had to work the next day.

Another reason afternoon games are better than night games. At least the over/under is on beer and not whiskey.