SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

316 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

33 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I like our logos more than that AI crap!

Poop emoji looks better than our hawks logos. Someone unaware of UND has no idea it’s a N and a D and that the white bird is a hawk not a dove. We really have no reason to make fun of anyone else logo

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Poop emoji looks better than our hawks logos. Someone unaware of UND has no idea it’s a N and a D and that the white bird is a hawk not a dove. We really have no reason to make fun of anyone else logo

True, but we are probably experts on logos that are great (Fighting Sioux) and logos that totally suck (Fighting Hawks). :D

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Good rant.
Close to a decade and going.
But doves don't have hooked beaks.
And yeah, the ND shows up when you know it's North Dakota but then you can't unsee it. 

Don't like what we have? Make something better.
But the old name and logo are never returning. 

• Downvote 1

image.jpeg.7471cb19f96443c27e3936b3ccdd6010.jpeg

That looks like a "N" and a "D".  And the white blob in the middle with an eye is a "Hawk".  Really?  The new Yote, laps that hot mess.  In case anyone was wondering what my vote was on this pole - "F-"

• Upvote 1

Perhaps the trend by "know better than everyone" crowd is to transition to logos that are so lame that nobody can be offended...

Or USD is thinking ....  "Awww,  poor UND with that crapball mess", lets join them in support...

All eyes on Moo U for this change...

vector-illustration-cartoon-buffalo-260nw-195570845.webp.0f23e93f98e16771e42d3793d00cdd8a.webp

On 8/2/2024 at 6:25 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Good rant.
Close to a decade and going.
But doves don't have hooked beaks.
And yeah, the ND shows up when you know it's North Dakota but then you can't unsee it. 

Don't like what we have? Make something better.
But the old name and logo are never returning. 

People have made better hawk logos but we are still using this uninspiring logo. Do people see that logo and automatically think awe that’s a hawk and not a dove because of the beak? Uh no…..

our merchandise would probably sell much better if we reimagined our logo, it’s not even average. I’m tired of strangers confusing my fighting hawks gear for the Philadelphia Eagles!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

People have made better hawk logos but we are still using this uninspiring logo. Do people see that logo and automatically think awe that’s a hawk and not a dove because of the beak? Uh no…..

our merchandise would probably sell much better if we reimagined our logo, it’s not even average. I’m tired of strangers confusing my fighting hawks gear for the Philadelphia Eagles!

Eagles logo and the Fighting Hawks logo are getting confused with each other?  Ummmmm OK

16 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Not making it up! Happened multiple times while flying across the country 

And the old logo was constantly confused with a certain team from Chicago. 

On 8/3/2024 at 10:40 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

secondary secondary?  don't they have the full wolf from the front and then the seconardy paw print already?

The Paw is USD's primary logo and has strong support.  That will be around for a very long time.

This new thing is the secondary logo replacing the coyote standing on top of the words South Dakota.  Personally, not a fan, and reaction has been split, but it is still only a secondary logo.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interest read from Matt Brown today.

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/p/actually-college-sports-needs-space-oxen

I think he touches on why I think the "Hawk" is such a disaster.  And why didn't UND lean into its history and promote successful areas of the school.  Just one example could have been the aviation program.  I remember numerous name recommendations in the area.  But, we ended up with the "Hawks".

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, FSSD said:

Interest read from Matt Brown today.

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/p/actually-college-sports-needs-space-oxen

I think he touches on why I think the "Hawk" is such a disaster.  And why didn't UND lean into its history and promote successful areas of the school.  Just one example could have been the aviation program.  I remember numerous name recommendations in the area.  But, we ended up with the "Hawks".

That's what happens when you let people vote on things. You end up with the most generic thing imaginable. 

22 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

That's what happens when you let people vote on things. You end up with the most generic thing imaginable. 

If I am recalling correctly, there was a set of criteria that had to be met for names that got forwarded to the voting phase.  One of the criteria was that it had to be unique to North Dakota.  Had they followed the criteria, Hawks would have never made it. 

For my part, I still advocate for Northern Pike.  It is the state fish.  There are no major college teams with a fish as a mascot or logo.  It is easily shortened to "Northerns" or "Pike".  The logo opportunities are excellent.  Etc.

Edit: @The Sicatoka something about pepperoni pizza...

• 2 weeks later...