SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Message on Athletics

fightingsioux4life

18 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

Doesn't UND lease the Ralph, just like the Alerus?  Regardless, if UND needs to make the Ralph available for women's sports wouldn't UND need to open the Alerus to other women's sports for the same reason?

i think it's because they don't home office out of there... I really don't know though. You could argue the High Performance Center is a nicer facility, which already is available. I was just sharing my understanding to what would be a hurdle in this discussion

3 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Apples and oranges. How can you possibly compare dollar-to-dollar a niche, regional/travel-heavy, large-roster, equipment-intensive sport like women's hockey that plays in a makeshift league with mens basketball, one of 300+ programs nationwide that plays in tank tops and sneakers against far more accessible opponents and is based in an established conference. You need a better metric. Try looking at comparable institutions and ratios if you want to make this point.

I'll look at potential return on investment and I'll start with coaching salaries.  The discrepancy should be reversed in this case.  

Your reasons above are the reasons women's hockey should be cut. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

ESPN's "relationship" with NDSU is kind like that girl at the end of the bar that everyone "knows": Not the first, second, or third choice on an evening, but it's there whenever you want it, ready and willing. 

Even more fitting for the hot girl at the bar take for ndsu, it's a deal where someone's cousin fron ndsu works for espn

1 hour ago, The Hawk said:

That bar also has ESPN, which is covering the Bison game, so she again will be ignored. 

You do realize you are making my point for me:
There is no college football this weekend except CSU at NDSU and Cal at Hawaii, thus, ESPN picked up the last (only) option in the bar. I say "only" because ESPN is not paying to send a crew to Hawaii (high maintenance girl) for a no-ratings game when they have a cheaper no-ratings game at hand.

Even ESPN's own folks view next weekend as the start of the CFB season.
"ESPN/ABC Set for Best College Football Opening Weekend Schedule Ever" -- where they list the games of weekend of Sep 3. 
http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/05/espnabc-set-best-college-football-opening-weekend-schedule-ever/ 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You do realize you are making my point for me:
There is no college football this weekend except CSU at NDSU and Cal at Hawaii, thus, ESPN picked up the last (only) option in the bar. I say "only" because ESPN is not paying to send a crew to Hawaii (high maintenance girl) for a no-ratings game when they have a cheaper no-ratings game at hand.

Even ESPN's own folks view next weekend as the start of the CFB season.
"ESPN/ABC Set for Best College Football Opening Weekend Schedule Ever" -- where they list the games of weekend of Sep 3. 
http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/05/espnabc-set-best-college-football-opening-weekend-schedule-ever/ 

Cal vs Hawaii is actually being played in Sydney, Australia, mate... & still aired on ESPN.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/why-you-should-watch-cal-hawaii-open-the-college-football-season-in-australia/

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

The Carson Wentz draft coverage/Gruden QB Boot Camp stuff didn't hurt either.  

Game was in the works and announced before the draft.

Second year in a row NDSU opening game has been on ESPN.

..Don't forget to tune into ESPN September  17th to watch NDSU  play at Iowa.

8 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

ESPN sucks for hockey and they have since I was like 12. 

A sold out Madison Square Garden, BC vs UND would look pretty good....or when 75,000 attended a game to watch Michigan play Michigan State but only got Fox Sports.