SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Message on Athletics

fightingsioux4life

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

A sold out Madison Square Garden, BC vs UND would look pretty good....or when 75,000 attended a game to watch Michigan play Michigan State but only got Fox Sports.

I fully agree with you but ESPN has made it pretty clear over the past decade plus that the yarent interested in hockey. Their loss, other carriers gain.

8 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I fully agree with you but ESPN has made it pretty clear over the past decade plus that the yarent interested in hockey. Their loss, other carriers gain.

Given the amount of leverage they have with their distributors, I'd say they're doing fine without it.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

You do realize you are making my point for me:
There is no college football this weekend except CSU at NDSU and Cal at Hawaii, thus, ESPN picked up the last (only) option in the bar. I say "only" because ESPN is not paying to send a crew to Hawaii (high maintenance girl) for a no-ratings game when they have a cheaper no-ratings game at hand.

Even ESPN's own folks view next weekend as the start of the CFB season.
"ESPN/ABC Set for Best College Football Opening Weekend Schedule Ever" -- where they list the games of weekend of Sep 3. 
http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/05/espnabc-set-best-college-football-opening-weekend-schedule-ever/ 

You're also making my point, you're that annoying know it all in the bar who everyone ignores. If UND was playing this weekend of course the softball game would be broadcast, but it's NDSU. This is my last post on this because no matter what you post, whose playing on ESPN? 

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

hope they have a bender in downtown fargo and hangout outside a seedy bookstore looking for "fun"

Grabbing a male undercover officer's crotch in a city park is also a sure fire way to get let go as well................

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I don't care if you care. Just have your stats correct when you talk smack. It works better that way.

If you don't care then it's a curious question to ask.

You're kind of missing the entire point of the post by referring to your stats that the Bison were ranked 40 something at one point(killer stat by the way).

NDSU does not play at the highest level of college football... that is all.

2 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

If you don't care then it's a curious question to ask.

You're kind of missing the entire point of the post by referring to your stats that the Bison were ranked 40 something at one point(killer stat by the way).

NDSU does not play at the highest level of college football... that is all.

They play at our level which is the level I care more about.

7 hours ago, tnt said:

Do you attend games?  I ask, because I always see Fasion at games.  There are times he is not there because he is attending games on the road.  Let's not demonize him with a broad brush just because he has made some decisions we don't agree with. 

Faison is all over the place. I see him at UND hockey games all of the time. 

Just now, nodak651 said:

I saw him at almost every volleyball game I went to when I was up there.

Pretty sure the poster this AM was referring to less popular sports like Baseball, Softball, Soccer.  When the guy can't show up for Senior Day, ever, that tells the program a lot about what he thinks of them. 

8 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

You do realize you are making my point for me:
There is no college football this weekend except CSU at NDSU and Cal at Hawaii, thus, ESPN picked up the last (only) option in the bar. I say "only" because ESPN is not paying to send a crew to Hawaii (high maintenance girl) for a no-ratings game when they have a cheaper no-ratings game at hand.

Not true.

ESPN is showing both games.

Edit: notice it was already pointed out...game is about to start. Hawaii didn't win a game last year...wonder who'll win.

8 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

That article confirms it for me. Women's hockey is NOT needed at UND. 

How, exactly, does one be "excessively compliant" with the law?  I guess the only alternatives are minimally compliant (i.e., at-risk) and non-compliant.

Personally, I think I am 'excessively compliant' with the criminal statutes declaring homicide a first-degree felony...but I have no desire to become less so.

I don't disagree with your conclusion, but the real issue here is how can one be pro-UND without being pro-sexism.  You're basically telling girls and young women who happen to like sports that they are spoiled and have too many opportunities.  Toss in the fact that the overwhelming sentiment expressed here is that of predominantly male fans of the revenue sports at UND, and I guarantee that the school's rank-and-file female student athletes will take exception.  The financial house needs to be in order, yes, but the Title IX lightning rod is a dangerous one and should only be part of the analysis.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1