SiouxSports.com Forum

Things to do in GF

GeauxSioux

23 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Someone needs to work on their bear tranquilizing skills.

Or something more useful: The general public needs to listen to the police and what "stay away" means so a bear doesn't have to spend 15+ hours not eating and being stuck in a tree for significant periods of time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Or something more useful: The general public needs to listen to the police and what "stay away" means so a bear doesn't have to spend 15+ hours not eating and being stuck in a tree for significant periods of time.

exactly. hand out some tickets if they don't listen

19 hours ago, TheFlop said:

All this outrage because an animal died in city limits instead of making it another couple months so a hunter could shoot him instead.  Ridiculous. 

Ridiculous is a bunch of rubes  gathering to look at a bear in a tree. Glad my life is not so mundane.

• Upvote 1

http://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/letters/4474655-letter-bear-didnt-deserve-death-sentence

ITS"S A FREAKING BEAR!!!!

This is what happens when people try to humanize animals.   The writer says: "Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a member of the humas race".  Give me a break.  If it bothers you that much, go live with the bears and maybe they can accept them into their community so you can warm them about the evil city of Grand Forks that kills you if you wander into city limits!!  :D

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/letters/4474655-letter-bear-didnt-deserve-death-sentence

ITS"S A FREAKING BEAR!!!!

This is what happens when people try to humanize animals.   The writer says: "Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a member of the humas race".  Give me a break.  If it bothers you that much, go live with the bears and maybe they can accept them into their community so you can warm them about the evil city of Grand Forks that kills you if you wander into city limits!!  :D

Perhaps we should just shoot every bear or deer or whatever that wanders inside city limits? We need to learn how to deal with these things because it can and will happen again.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Perhaps we should just shoot every bear or deer or whatever that wanders inside city limits? We need to learn how to deal with these things because it can and will happen again.

You mean like ignore them so they can be ushered out of town safely instead of having 100+ people show up, turn the whole thing into a spectacle that causes the end result of the animal being put down? And I've seen tons of deer in town and not once heard of one being euthanized so I'm not sure why that's being tossed out there. Little bit of a difference between a bear and deer, one is a legitimate public safety hazard, the other might run into a car.