SiouxSports.com Forum

Things to do in GF

GeauxSioux

6 hours ago, Cratter said:

Growing up in GF they make you fear the red. Then a group came along and said that's nonsense. It's perfectly fine to swim in it. 

Had one last cig, ran the long obstacle course, then beat tired with heavy wet shoes swam across the Red in front of Blue Moose!

haha...can we get a little more context or back story...including if it was a marlboro red or camel 100?

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

haha...can we get a little more context or back story...including if it was a marlboro red or camel 100?

Camel Blue.

Uff Da Mud Run ten years ago. 

First annual.

Mud, tires, haybales and the Red River are just some of the obstacles conquered by the more than 500 participants of the Uff Da Mud Run Saturday in Grand Forks and East Grand Forks.

The 3.5 mile run started on the East Grand Forks side of the Sorlie Bridge, heading south along the river until participants crossed the river with inflatable tubes near Lincoln Park in Grand Forks.

Runners then worked their way through several more muddy land obstacles, back up the river toward the Sorlie Bridge, where they finished by swimming across the river back to their starting spot in East Grand Forks.

image.thumb.png.564991a7af9c8cd2f7cad1a37b5eb358.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Folks must not get out much. I’d guess 45 of 50 states wish they had a city growing like Grand Forks. But because it’s too close to even faster growers Fargo and Bismarck it doesn’t get its due. 

Lost almost 500 people in the last 2 years according to the census.  Retail is in a tailspin and I could go on.  

2 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Lost almost 500 people in the last 2 years according to the census.  Retail is in a tailspin and I could go on.  

How do they do this estimate?

if it’s true there must be a lot of empty houses and apartments which I don’t see

retail is tough in most cities 

3 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Those stats also said Grand Forks grew by 3,000 people in one year from 2019-2020.

They seem highly accurate. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...