SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver - Frozen 4 edition

AZSIOUX

38 minutes ago, MissSioux85 said:

Live press conference will be starting soon

I found it pretty funny that the one Boston reporter stuck with the narrative that we are "snarly" team that takes a lot of penalties when BC is 5th in the country in PIMs :silly:

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I found it pretty funny that the one Boston reporter stuck with the narrative that we are "snarly" team that takes a lot of penalties when BC is 5th in the country in PIMs :silly:

At least he admitted he just re-hashes the same crap every year without ever watching teams out west ahead of the question :lol:

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

At least he admitted he just re-hashes the same crap every year without ever watching teams out west ahead of the question :lol:

Hahaha very true. Surprised he didn't reference Toews or the Panzers. "I mean, I don't watch yous very much, but you ah dat team ovah dere dat werks hahd but gets penalties and stuff, right? Well, hah do yous think you'll do against these wicked awesome teams?"

Cripes.

Btw, I'm from NY, so I can pick on east coast people :)

• Upvote 3

Just now, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Not to mention the peanut butter stuck on the roof of Jerry York's mouth.

I'm from ND, so I can pick on East Coast people too.

But if you do it, you're just a d!ck. Wait......

actually, yeah, yeah you can ;) .... As that reporter would say "Ahhhh just slammed you wicked hahd in the pahking lot of Havahad yahd!"

7 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Hahaha very true. Surprised he didn't reference Toews or the Panzers. "I mean, I don't watch yous very much, but you ah dat team ovah dere dat werks hahd but gets penalties and stuff, right? Well, hah do yous think you'll do against these wicked awesome teams?"

Cripes.

Btw, I'm from NY, so I can pick on east coast people :)

I crewed out of Salisbury and can't stand new yorrrk or booostian 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/4003606-frozen-four-notebook-du-coach-challenges-berry-match-top-lines

This is just stupid - why should UND give up the one advantage you get for being a higher seed. 

We have four good lines that can play 200-foot hockey,” said Montgomery. “We don’t have last change. They’re going to be able — and I’m sure every time there’s an offensive zone draw, they’ll be out there two out of every three. And we’ll expect that and put out the line that we think can win the faceoff on that side of the ice. Besides that, I’ve already kind of publicly tried to challenge Coach Berry to go head to head, CBS against Pacific Rim. It would be a helluva show, but he wants to go with his defensive line against them. Maybe he’ll bite halfway through the game.”

I didn't think the Heavy line was our defensive line. Pacific Rim will be the ones defending :D

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/4003606-frozen-four-notebook-du-coach-challenges-berry-match-top-lines

This is just stupid - why should UND give up the one advantage you get for being a higher seed. 

I was wondering the same thing.  He's delusional if he thinks UND is going to essentially give up last line change due to a "challenge".

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ClassB said:

Take heart --it means he's scared. Also, wtf is Lucia doing watching UND practice?

It doesn't seem odd to me.  If practices are open, I would think any coach would find it interesting to attend another team's practice, including our own coaches.  I know if I were a coach and was in town, I would probably take in a couple of practices.

20 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Not to mention the peanut butter stuck on the roof of Jerry York's mouth.

I'm from North Dakota, so I can pick on East Coast people too.

I lived in Mass for a couple of years, they can't say their "R's" very well.