SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver - Frozen 4 edition

AZSIOUX

5 minutes ago, hrkac said:

Has UND received a good goalie performance in the last 6 FF's?  i can't think of one.....

Other than Dell in 2011 and Zane in 2014....no.

Lamoreuax, Parise, and Zane all had their worst games of the season and in a couple cases of their careers.

• Upvote 1

Definitely need everybody to be on their game.  I thought the Sioux actually outplayed Denver in Denver for the Friday night game.  They outshot them 45-31 and as I remember right, had some quality scoring chances but it was one of those nights the puck just did not find the back of the net.  The Saturday night game, it appeared that both teams were spent from all of the energy expended the night before.  I also heard that the flu had gone thru the lockerroom earlier that week.  If they play with the energy they showed in regionals and are relentless once again on their forecheck with all 4 liines, I like their chances.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Zane was piss poor against BU. Especially the one classic softie. I'm confident in Cam. We can tell him that DU stands for Detroit U and that BC is Battle Creek.

I think he meant vs Minnesota.  He played a solid game until he lost that last shot.

Even though a team has to beat all comers to win this tourney, there are sometimes matchups you'd rather avoid.   But with this team, I'm really don't think it matters who they play.  Not that they are bound to win any game, but they really do not have a vulnerable part of their game this year.   Goaltending?   Not more vulnerable than any other team team, IMO.  And I like that they are winless against DU in their last 3.   Odds. 

• Upvote 2

I'd like to see the CBS line play with more urgency against Denver than they did against Michigan. Boeser has one of the best releases in college hockey but he was too slow getting rid of the puck on a couple odd man rushes that should have been scoring chances. Schmaltz needs to shoot the puck more. He had atleast two golden shot opportunities where he held onto the puck to wait for a passing lane to open. In playoff hockey, you take open shots. That's my opinion. They still played great, especially defensively, but I think they could've had a couple goals on Michigan if they played with more pace and urgency.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, snova4 said:

How do I not remember that? I must have been working, otherwise there'd be a beer can dent in my TV screen.

That happened in our game or one of the others in regionals...went to  commercial break saying it was a penalty one way, but they ended up getting it right

So what makes Denver so much better now then earlier when the UND decisively sweep them?  Hot Goalie?  Young talent maturing?  Injuries?  All of the above?

Siting in Section 115 and this is a dream come true to attend a UND Frozen Four appearance (live in NE FL).   Hope to tip a few beers with some of my fellow UND alums/students/enthusiasts and talk some UND hockey.

First UND hockey game attended since '80 (Graduated in '80).  Dave Christian would've been on this team but he was busy beating the Russians.  Great team, hope this years team can match the talent, intensity and shear guts of this team.  They surely looked it in the two regional games.  My neighbor is a UM grad, it was so sweet to shut up the trash I took from him about that Michigan's scoring machine.

20 minutes ago, Seahawks said:

So what makes Denver so much better now then earlier when the UND decisively sweep them?  Hot Goalie?  Young talent maturing?  Injuries?  All of the above?

I think Denver was struggling in the first half and pulled it together in the second half. When they swept us, we were coming off a bye week, we had the flu virus in the locker room, we had some players coming off of injuries who were rusty and the altitude was giving us trouble. Those things are not in play this time, so I expect a solid two goal victory on Thursday.

21 minutes ago, Seahawks said:

Siting in Section 115 and this is a dream come true to attend a UND Frozen Four appearance (live in NE FL).   Hope to tip a few beers with some of my fellow UND alums/students/enthusiasts and talk some UND hockey.

First UND hockey game attended since '80 (Graduated in '80).  Dave Christian would've been on this team but he was busy beating the Russians.  Great team, hope this years team can match the talent, intensity and shear guts of this team.  They surely looked it in the two regional games.  My neighbor is a UM grad, it was so sweet to shut up the trash I took from him about that Michigan's scoring machine.

DU has been on a roll after losing 4 in a row to UND and SCSU.  The Heinen line is dangerous and we need to keep the pressure on them and stay out of the box.  Teams know each other very well and I think it gives the Sioux an edge having been swept in Denver.  Going to be a hell of a game.  Like most teams, DU is a much better team now than they were at the start of the season.

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I think Denver was struggling in the first half and pulled it together in the second half. When they swept us, we were coming off a bye week, we had the flu virus in the locker room, we had some players coming off of injuries who were rusty and the altitude was giving us trouble. Those things are not in play this time, so I expect a solid two goal victory on Thursday.

All great points, and I love the optimism! Go Sioux

• Upvote 2