SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver - Frozen 4 edition

AZSIOUX

Thursday 7:30 ESPN2 central time puck drops in Tampa Bay. 14 national titles combined and one team will get a crack at banner #8

each team swept the other in their own barn and. Then a 1-1 don't get hurt tie in Minneapolis for the 3rd place nchc game 

quinipiac vs bc 4pm central espn2 

• Upvote 3

Thank you, AZ.

I was watching wrasslin' last night and it was a phenomenal break from my constant nervous brain meld.

The PPV was over, I then looked over at my cup to grab a sip and emblazoned on it was the ND logo and I immediately got nauseous.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

UND gets last change.............see everyone at the arena Saturday night.

I do love that. Makes sense....

Two games in GF (with last change) vs. DU ... sweep
Two games in Denver (without last change) vs. DU ... swept
Tie in MPLS (with last change) vs. DU... tie, but what did we hit... five pipes? I feel we played better than Denver in that game despite not meaning anything.

7 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I do like the last change angle because we definitely struggled against the Pacific Rim line in Denver. If we can have our "Heavy Line" limit them like they did the CCM line I love our chances.

The Heavy Line's first game together was Feb 26, 2016. This could be the secret weapon against the Pioneers.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, franchise said:

Who is everyone rooting for in the early game?

Anyone but BC?

Against QU, so we would keep last change vs BC?

Beating either one of them would be sweet obviously, really doesnt matter. Would love to beat BC in the final. Also wouldnt mind beating Pecknolds group that was basically ranked #1 all year.

3 minutes ago, franchise said:

Anyone but BC?

I really dislike Rand Pecknold. I really dislike anything to do with Boston College.

Can I defer? :)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, franchise said:

Anyone but BC?

Last change is definitively an advantage.  But rooting for BC for a chance to exercise the demons of 2006, 2007, and 2008.  (And 2001 I suppose). 

6 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Just watched highlights of the semifinals against BU last year(I'm a glutton for punishment) and realized the thing we really need vs. Denver... Goaltending!  We need Cam to be as sharp as ever so we don't spot DU some cheap goals.

Has UND received a good goalie performance in the last 6 FF's?  i can't think of one.....

• Upvote 1