SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four in Tampa

Cratter

Tampa was a great time, even with my food poisoning Wed night (probably never eating black bean humus again).  The arena emptying on Thursday was stupid, and I hope they don't try to pull that anywhere else - imagine if they'd have done that in St Paul with weather like they had last Thursday?  Ferg's was fun, and Buccigross came and had a drink with us there on Thursday after the Semi's - he loves the Sioux fans! - even claimed he remembered us from Boston last year.  I wish I'd have known the trophy was going to make an appearance Saturday, as we probably met the boys on the road on their way over. Bad timing, for sure!

Contrary to a previous poster, the only fan I had any "unfriendly" encounter with, was a drunk Gopher fan who was just obnoxious during the red carpet entry.  Actually got along really well with the Boston, New Hampshire, and Maine crowds.  Even the few Denver fans we interacted with were reasonable.  Heard lots of comments about how awesome our fan base is, and how they wish their schools traveled like that for games.  Guess that was just the luck of the people we met. :shrug:

When we booked the tickets and flights last fall, we knew we'd have fun.  When it worked out that UND would be there, it added nerves and anticipation.  To have it work out that I got to be there live for that national title....  I'm still in shock and awe, but still haven't stopped smiling!

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Anyone know if the NCAA or UND will eventually sell the replay of the national title game and/or semifinal games on Bluray or DVD? That's a DVD that I could watch over and over again.

I don't know anything about this, but I do know the game is on Youtube.  Search something like, "2016 frozen four north dakota quinnipiac"  Should do for now anyways.

42 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Anyone know if the NCAA or UND will eventually sell the replay of the national title game and/or semifinal games on Bluray or DVD? That's a DVD that I could watch over and over again.

If you have a smart tv the whole game is uploaded to youtube. I've watched about 10 times now. Never gets old!

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Big Green said:

Anyone else think the service at Ferg's was horible?  I had to wait in line forever to get a beer.  Thought they were very understaffed. 

I didn't have a problem on Thursday.  To be fair, I think I saw somewhere that this weekend was the 2nd busiest they've ever been.  They probably didn't get the memo that Sioux fans travel.

26 minutes ago, keikla said:

I didn't have a problem on Thursday.  To be fair, I think I saw somewhere that this weekend was the 2nd busiest they've ever been.  They probably didn't get the memo that Sioux fans travel.

Yup, it was the 2nd most business they've done in a day. 

The 1st busiest day, you ask?

Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals :)

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Big Green said:

Anyone else think the service at Ferg's was horible?  I had to wait in line forever to get a beer.  Thought they were very understaffed. 

This will be your experience at any Frozen Four event for locations not used to hosting the Sioux.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Irish said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but how did Toews' brother end up at Quinnipeac?

40 minutes ago, snova4 said:

Because there's no relation.:p

Devon Toews
Personal:
- Son of Werner and Tammy Toews
- Born in Abbotsford, British, Columbia
- Has one brother, Nolan
- Majoring in accounting.