SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four in Tampa

Cratter

On 4/1/2016 at 6:37 PM, Cratter said:

We thought the Ralph was going to start paying dividends right away (at least I know I did with ZPar and $.......and the B2B Natty Games), but in reality its starting to pay off recently when these kids grew up with knowing "the Ralph" and how consistently good UND is (and thus becoming "fans").

I noticed Drake had said he has been a Sioux fan and wanted to play for them since he was 12 (pretty incredible growing up outside Toronto and IIRC was) after watching Toews in the World Juniors.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now that it's June does anyone know if the ncaa is selling the championship game on bluray. There are a few videos of the complete game on YouTube but quality isn't the greatest. I have the 1997 championship on dvd that I bought on Amazon but nothing yet on 2016. 

18 hours ago, Cratter said:

Looks like UND isn't the only fans who like to give the one finger salute when losing...

See, that's the problem with communication.   You see 1 guy in green and 1 guy in yellow, both giving double 1 finger salutes......yet we interpret them completely differently.   :D

• Upvote 1

I would go even further.... I love Tampa as a Frozen Four destination....  I suggest they should consider it as a permanent home of the Frozen Four..

1. They have a modern arena that is adequate.

2. Tampa has the accommodations to host.

3. Great weather

4. Relatively easy travel

5. It is a true neutral cite game for all teams.

6. People can plan further ahead, because it is a vacation destination as well as a hockey weekend.  (Just in case your team doesn't make it.

Current final sites tend to favor large schools such as "Joe Louis," for Michigan, St. Paul for the Goof's, Boston for BC, BU.  College hockey has grown enough that we no longer need to host at sites near major schools to assure attendance.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, ted2you said:

I would go even further.... I love Tampa as a Frozen Four destination....  I suggest they should consider it as a permanent home of the Frozen Four..

3. Great weather

6. People can plan further ahead, because it is a vacation destination as well as a hockey weekend.  (Just in case your team doesn't make it.

Current final sites tend to favor large schools such as "Joe Louis," for Michigan, St. Paul for the Goof's, Boston for BC, BU.  College hockey has grown enough that we no longer need to host at sites near major schools to assure attendance.

I really enjoyed Tampa but I want to go somewhere different each year.  It's a chance to take a trip, explore a city we've never been to, etc.  That's why I'd love to see a rotation of Nashville, Tampa, Chicago, St Paul (easy for most UND fans), and D.C.  They're great towns to visit (just don't get shot in Chicago) and have lots of good things to do around the arena.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ted2you said:

3. Great weather

I don't know about being neutral, Huntsville might create quite the home ice advantage at their next Frozen Four :D

14 minutes ago, NoDakFan said:

Drake is totally taunting that Quinnipiac fan right in front of him, and I totally love it. 

I actually loved in the ESPN broadcast with about 10 minutes left in the game Drake got into it with some QU players and can be heard on the broadcast yelling "Who the f*** are you?!" :lol:

• Upvote 2

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 2:56 PM, Cratter said:

I noticed Drake had said he has been a Sioux fan and wanted to play for them since he was 12 (pretty incredible growing up outside Toronto and IIRC was) after watching Toews in the World Juniors.

Yah, although UND went 16 years w/o winning a nattie the Ralph was a big part in ensuring good/top rated teams essentially every season (what a run!).  What a benefit to have, just as Ralph wanted in order to help in recruiting. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:35 PM, SiouxperDave said:

Tampa was my first Frozen Four and everything was awesome except the 7:10 flight out Sunday morning. Can't wait to do it again!

Agree!  We had to leave Fergies at about 12:30 a.m. (missed the Sioux players) and drive to Orlando as had 7:00 a.m. flight out Sun morn.  That was the only damper, wish had of left Sun afternoon/Mon morning. 

7 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I actually loved in the ESPN broadcast with about 10 minutes left in the game Drake got into it with some QU players and can be heard on the broadcast yelling "Who the f*** are you?!" :lol:

You mean this:lol::lol: Loved how that moment gets captured on national TV. 

NSFW: Language

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Ok, Coach Montgomery needs to make himself easier to hate.  It's for the fans.  I loved hating Gwoz.

That's pretty good!!  Montgomery is a pretty class act.  I'd say all the coaches in the NCHC are that way as well.  Dang, I miss the days of hating on this rival coaches that we played all the time (Gwoz, Lucia, Eaves).

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

That's pretty good!!  Montgomery is a pretty class act.  I'd say all the coaches in the NCHC are that way as well.  Dang, I miss the days of hating on this rival coaches that we played all the time (Gwoz, Lucia, Eaves).

Nope. Can't stand Haviland, Murray or Motzko. I didn't like Blasi's comments after we won the Penrose in Miami either. Haviland is by far the worst though.

1 hour ago, NoDakFan said:

Nope. Can't stand Haviland, Murray or Motzko. I didn't like Blasi's comments after we won the Penrose in Miami either. Haviland is by far the worst though.

Haviland, huh? Seems brash, but hasn't been controversial, IMO. I used to hate Motzko, but he's been giving UND loads of credit over the last handful of years.

To me, Blasi is by far the worst. His teams have been pretty talented and have greatly underachieved, but for some reason talks like his boys are better than the rest. Not humble at all. 

I'm loving coach Monty. When we rolled them at home he flat out called us the best team in the country and I love that respect. Him tweeting Nick yesterday sealed the deal as my second favorite behind bubbs, of course :)