SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four in Tampa

Cratter

1 hour ago, franchise said:

Sounds like a deal to me

Only bad part is its 10 free rides up to $5 each. At least when I tried it. Unlike uber which was a free ride (up to $20-$30 iirc)...but now that it's more popular I'm not sure if it's still the case.

e87812aa_d27b_41ca_92e7_d2c143c42b00.jpg

The team posing with pirates in Tampa, FL next to a 737 is so out of this world, so mind bottling, so Tampa, it's insane. Just wild, wild stuff we're getting from the Frozen Four.  I love it. If the boys go on to win #8, I'm going to assume it was because of these pirates and from then on we're all going to have to dress as pirates to keep the luck going, right? Like that's what we're gonna have to do...a Ralph full of pirates. Yarrrr

The teams last time in Tampa also took a "cruise dinner"...."pirates" aren't special to UND arriving, but lets pretend to let them think so.

Edit: last time they had a entourage for the teams arriving also, something with hockey sticks (basically a stick salute...and from twitter Gino G got the same treatment)....

Did I mention how much I love Tampa for the Frozen Four yet?!

12 minutes ago, Cratter said:

The teams last time in Tampa also took a "cruise dinner"...."pirates" aren't special to UND arriving, but lets pretend to let them think so.

Edit: last time they had a entourage for the teams arriving also, something with hockey sticks (basically a stick salute...and from twitter Gino G got the same treatment)....

Did I mention how much I love Tampa for the Frozen Four yet?!

So do I, I don't need a hotel because my cousine lives there

24 minutes ago, Cratter said:

....either way I'm jealous ;).

My buddy, who owns Albatross, also has a "cousine", who lives in the Tampa area, told me he was going to make it but unfortunately the cold weather in GF made him stay open longer.

I guess I'm just not grasping the whole pirate thing :lol:  Makes zero sense to me, but I love it to the moon and back.

I especially LOVE the fact that QU looks like a fraternity picture with their polo's, shorts and sandals. Denver with the polo's as well, and hopefully not shorts but can't tell. BC is horrible, may they lose every game from now till forever.  UND taking it to all of them just ooooooozing with class. Dripping high class on that tarmac, pirates and all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

I guess I'm just not grasping the whole pirate thing :lol:  Makes zero sense to me, but I love it to the moon and back.

I especially LOVE the fact that QU looks like a fraternity picture with their polo's, shorts and sandals. Denver with the polo's as well, and hopefully not shorts but can't tell. BC is horrible, may they lose every game from now till forever.  UND taking it to all of them just ooooooozing with class. Dripping high class on that tarmac, pirates and all. 

Haha down here in Tampa they are crazy. They have things called "Krewe's" which are like Social clubs of people that dress up like Pirates for the different holidays and festivals. They have a huge holiday every year akin to Mardi Gras called "Gasparilla" where they have a pirate ship come into the Bay and have a parade and a huge flotilla of party boats. basically a reason to dress up like Pirates and Drink...

12 hours ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

The team posing with pirates in Tampa, FL next to a 737 is so out of this world, so mind bottling, so Tampa, it's insane. Just wild, wild stuff we're getting from the Frozen Four.  I love it. If the boys go on to win #8, I'm going to assume it was because of these pirates and from then on we're all going to have to dress as pirates to keep the luck going, right? Like that's what we're gonna have to do...a Ralph full of pirates. Yarrrr

Missed nickname opportunity?   Fighting Pirates?

• Upvote 1