SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four in Tampa

Cratter

On 3/27/2016 at 8:54 PM, Cratter said:

Suppose its about that time. 
Any guesses where the pregame party will be?

How hard will tickets be to come by? I'm going down empty handed.

Sioux hockey and a nice warm vacation.....can't wait.

:love::cool:

I got 2 tickets that I am willing to sell for the Sioux/Denver game if you're interested? Looking for $200/ticket! 

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

If anyone hasn't tried Uber yet. It's a great service. And the first ride is free....and if you use my code: lanceh186 you also will give a Sioux fan $10 in credit too.....I think parking runs around $15 - $20 near the arena.

Do you enter the code when you get signed up? I will for sure as that's the only way I planned to get around down there

I am a North Dakota guy who now lives in the Tampa area and am on the Board of Directors for BikeWalkTampaBay and am going throw a little plug out there. If you want a fun and easy way to get around downtown Tampa check out the link below. It is a bike share program and is really pretty sweet. I will see if I can get some sort of discount code for the Sioux fans. Be safe if you do the bike thing or are out walking...lets all have fun and get home to attend another Frozen Four. I am pretty sure that Amalie Arena will have a bike valet as they do for Lightning games and other events where you can securely park your bike for free.

http://coastbikeshare.com/

• Upvote 1

Staying at The Barrymore a mile away from the arena. They have free shuttle service within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. They indicate pick up from arena again up to an hour after the game. Hotel parking is $8/night or free depending on your booking arrangements.

10 hours ago, Cratter said:

If anyone hasn't tried Uber yet. It's a great service. And the first ride is free....and if you use my code: lanceh186 you also will give a Sioux fan $10 in credit too.....I think parking runs around $15 - $20 near the arena.

You beat me to it for Uber.  Tampa has Lyft as well.....here's a Lyft code for a free ride: Michael3718.  They are essentially the same thing, although local gov't in Tampa recently dropped their lawsuit against Lyft (but not Uber).

11 hours ago, tjl_48 said:

Anyone know what parking is like by the arena? I have a rental car but if it is a pain or similar price I may just to uber or lyft. 

A buddy going to Tampa with me said there was parking available for $12 supposedly near the arena.

If anyone is looking for tickets, the REA Box Office has some available for purchase.

Prices are $140 for Thursday's game and if UND advances, Saturday's game will be

an additional $80. Tickets are located in the 200 level of the arena. Call REA Box Office

if interested. 701.777.4689

13 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

You beat me to it for Uber.  Tampa has Lyft as well.....here's a Lyft code for a free ride: Michael3718.  They are essentially the same thing, although local gov't in Tampa recently dropped their lawsuit against Lyft (but not Uber).

might have to try this Lyft out, have only used Uber in the past. That code good for any ride free?

For those planning on using Lyft or Uber beware of surge pricing.  I love both services but when you go to or leave a sporting event, lots of time they kick in with surge pricing which puts a minimum price on all rides.  It can get a bit steep.

1 minute ago, Todd Nelson said:

For those planning on using Lyft or Uber beware of surge pricing.  I love both services but when you go to or leave a sporting event, lots of time they kick in with surge pricing which puts a minimum price on all rides.  It can get a bit steep.

I was just reading about that.  Maybe a need a ride to the aquarium nearby;)