SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS vs. UMD Bulldogs - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

9 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Can't tell if you're trolling or genuine, but no.  Banners, which every team hangs from the rafters, are not comparable to listing a lone national championship that is long in the rear view mirror on a piece of paper.  It's tacky and anyone capable of being objective (so likely not any Gopher fans) will agree.  

P.S. Did you read Brad's Tweet that Duluth would have been 16th in the pairwise had they won?  Do us a favor and make sure dog-faced Donna puts that in her pipe and smokes it.

It's not uncommon for programs to put team accomplishments on their stat sheets. We have one national title and we list the year it occured. When we win another one the paper will be updated to say "Two Time National Championships". Don't understand why people get so annoyed that UMD lists the 2011 title and that five Hobey Baker Award winners have gone to school at UMD.

I didn't read Brad's tweet but not sure why you're obsessed with name calling another person online. She's not even posted on this website and you're calling her out? Doh'kay. If I even bother mentioning this post by you we're gonna laugh and laugh at the pettiness displayed. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I thought Thompson looked alright last.....he is clearly our 6th defensemen. My guess is Wolanin must be hurt to some degree to not be in the lineup. IMO he is our 5th defensemen. I really liked the Poolman LaDue pairing.

As far as Sanderson....I was surprised he wasn't in the lineup last weekend. After last night....how do you keep him out?

5 minutes ago, Biddco said:

It's not uncommon for programs to put team accomplishments on their stat sheets. We have one national title and we list the year it occured. When we win another one the paper will be updated to say "Two Time National Championships". Don't understand why people get so annoyed that UMD lists the 2011 title and that five Hobey Baker Award winners have gone to school at UMD.

I didn't read Brad's tweet but not sure why you're obsessed with name calling another person online. She's not even posted on this website and you're calling her out? Doh'kay. If I even bother mentioning this post by you we're gonna laugh and laugh at the pettiness displayed. 

Not all UND fans display such low-class, misogynistic behavior.  Not proud of comments like that.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Being a Fargo resident, UND alum and season ticket holder kudos to the Ralph and UND for honoring FPD officer Moszer before the game. He was a big hockey fan having Force season tickets. Good call by all involved.

I thought it was a great gesture.  

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Biddco said:

Never seen it done by other teams but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen I suppose.  

If she didn't digitally spar with Brad and tweet passive aggressive stuff to Goon I wouldn't know she existed.  I've had plenty of laughs at her delusions that people actually care about every inane thought she has so I'm okay with a few going the other way.

8 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Never seen it done by other teams but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen I suppose.  

If she didn't digitally spar with Brad and tweet passive aggressive stuff to Goon I wouldn't know she existed.  I've had plenty of laughs at her delusions that people actually care about every inane thought she has so I'm okay with a few going the other way.

11 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Wolanin needs to play for either 27 or 4 tomorrow. 4 has been atrocious for weeks and 27 just doesn't get it.

Sanderson IMO has earned a nightly line spot from here on out.

I agree, love the work ethic of Sanderson and hey, if he didnt score that goal last night we lose in regulation.  Keep him playing!

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Didn't see a minute of the game as I'm in Minot for the west regional hockey tourney. Is there video of the penalty that caused the penalty shot anywhere?  Lot of whining going on by UMD fans over at uscho. 

http://www.nchchockey.com/

The third video over on the side is high lights from the game.

If the Duluth player doesn't leave his feet no penalty shot.

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Sandy in Herald "Don't agree with the call at the end" on penalty shot. One would expect as a HC he says that but if he honestly believes that that is another issue. No other call should/could have been made if one actually watched the play of the UMD player basically making no play on the puck and just deliberately taking out Pogo's legs from behind.

Spot-on assessment Oxbow6.  Ref had no choice but...

5 minutes ago, Biddco said:

UMD fans have a right to be critical of the call in OT. That was not a penalty shot, it was a penalty for sure, but NOT a penalty shot. But such is hockey and sports, not all the calls go your way. 

I disagree lol.

Like has been said repeatedly, he never made a play on the puck. Right to the legs.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Biddco said:

UMD fans have a right to be critical of the call in OT. That was not a penalty shot, it was a penalty for sure, but NOT a penalty shot. But such is hockey and sports, not all the calls go your way. 

You got that WRONG Dog colored shades Biddco, it WAS a PS.  Clearly the Dog player was totally beat, made no play whatsoever for the puck, and his only goal was to take out the Sioux player (can't blame him at all given the situation and his positioning)--and he succeeded--and the resultant call was proper.         

28 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Gardner Cags Gersich?

Who would pair with Schmaltz and Boeser? I'd say Johnson maybe but not after last night.

I don't see the CBS line getting broken up. I wouldn't be surprised to see them have a big night, tonight. 

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Don't you think it would make our team harder to defend if we had two lines that were great instead of relying on one?

Actually, the other players are picking up the slack. I think the coach will leave them together. Poganski is having a breakout second half.