SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS vs. UMD Bulldogs - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Poganski redeemed himself for not clearing the puck that lead to Duluths goal.  

Luke Johnson might as well sign today, it would be best if he never plays another game.  He never learns from all of his stupid plays over the years, therefore he needs to watch, not play.  

• Downvote 4

A game that this Sioux team found a way to win. Wasn't perfect by any means but you have to be able to win games when you aren't at your best sometimes. Nice effort by Pogo to draw the penalty shot and take advantage of it. I can see the argument that it should have just been called a penalty instead but with the way the refs called it tonight it was time for us to get one of the calls. Need to do a better job with gap control tomorrow night I thought too many times we were give too much ice up. Also need to be better in the corners and 1-on-1 battles to be able to finish the sweep. Thought Duluth definitely got the benefit of a few calls tonight and we overcame it. Duluth was grabbing and hacking all night and the refs just let it go. The Caggiula penalty was a complete dive, Johnson penalty at the end of regulation was pathetic as the guy had just been holding his head down and he barely even made contact with him. In that situation you need to take both of them or nobody not one or the other.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

A game that this Sioux team found a way to win. Wasn't perfect by any means but you have to be able to win games when you aren't at your best sometimes. Nice effort by Pogo to draw the penalty shot and take advantage of it. I can see the argument that it should have just been called a penalty instead but with the way the refs called it tonight it was time for us to get one of the calls. Need to do a better job with gap control tomorrow night I thought too many times we were give too much ice up. Also need to be better in the corners and 1-on-1 battles to be able to finish the sweep. Thought Duluth definitely got the benefit of a few calls tonight and we overcame it. Duluth was grabbing and hacking all night and the refs just let it go. The Caggiula penalty was a complete dive, Johnson penalty at the end of regulation was pathetic as the guy had just been holding his head down and he barely even made contact with him. In that situation you need to take both of them or nobody not one or the other.

The refs usually just let it go so I don't know why they say they need to control diving

10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

UMD is a horrible hockey team. UND should be ashamed it was close.

UMD has lost quite a few games where they carried the play and outshot opponents by a substantial margin.  They are not horrible.

If I still know how to do math, I think UND just wrapped up home ice for the first round of the NCHC tourney.

10 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

If Luke wasn't getting in to things after the whistle all the time they probably let it go at the end of the third, but there are times where you don't retaliate and live to fight another day. If Duluth would have scored on that power play that would have been Luke's fault and no one else. Refs were calling anything after the whistle so Luke should have known. Rhett got lucky he didn't get a penalty for what looked like a slew-foot before he drew a penalty in the slot.

4 minutes ago, cberkas said:

If Luke wasn't getting in to things after the whistle all the time they probably let it go at the end of the third, but there are times where you don't retaliate and live to fight another day. If Duluth would have scored on that power play that would have been Luke's fault and no one else. Refs were calling anything after the whistle so Luke should have known. Rhett got lucky he didn't get a penalty for what looked like a slew-foot before he drew a penalty in the slot.

Toninato had been involved in just as much after the whistle stuff as well so if that's the case he should have went too. The refs let it go the previous the 3-4 times right before that play so the players keep doing it. You don't make a pathetic call like that at that time.

Just got back from the game and Wow - for many reasons

Wow - what a crappy game for the most part - no flow, and if our first line is shut down we got nothin

Wow are we impressed with our passing ability from the first half and seek to improve it by getting even fancier - just make the basic passes please

Wow - This is not a championship team of any kind for the last 3 games

Wow - is Luke Johnson playing with a wooden head or what?   The guy never learns

Wow - so glad to get a win out of this mess.

2 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Toninato had been involved in just as much after the whistle the stuff as well so if that's the case he should have went too. The refs let it go the previous the 3-4 times right before that play so the players keep doing it. You don't make a pathetic call like that at that time.

And Luke shouldn't have done anything.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Wolanin needs to play for either 27 or 4 tomorrow. 4 has been atrocious for weeks and 27 just doesn't get it.

Sanderson IMO has earned a nightly line spot from here on out.

both sit if i'm coach.  I also split up CBS at this point.  We need more offense.  

• Upvote 1