SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS vs. UMD Bulldogs - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, siouxforeverbaby said:

PENALTY SHOT IN OT!!!

Any one on the ice can take it...who do we want?

The rule actually reads:

When a penalty shot is awarded under Rule 67.2 (during the course of a breakaway, a goalkeeper or player deliberately displaces the goal post or a goalkeeper deliberately removes the helmet and/or face mask), the penalty shot shall be taken by the player last in possession of the puck.

So it had to be Pogo.

1 minute ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

The rule actually reads:

When a penalty shot is awarded under Rule 67.2 (during the course of a breakaway, a goalkeeper or player deliberately displaces the goal post or a goalkeeper deliberately removes the helmet and/or face mask), the penalty shot shall be taken by the player last in possession of the puck.

So it had to be Pogo.

my resident ref said it was otherwise...he could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, siouxforeverbaby said:

my resident ref said it was otherwise...he could be wrong.

I'm looking at it again, and I read it wrong.  That's saying if it's a breakaway and the goalie displaces the net then it has to be the last player to touch the puck.  I'm still digging in the rule book. :)

Found it. 

Rule 61.1: Tripping - A player shall not place the stick or any part of the body in such a manner that causes an opposing player to trip or fall.

PENALTY—Minor. 

A player shall not trip or foul from behind a player in control of the puck on the opponent’s side of the center red line, thus preventing a reasonable scoring opportunity.

PENALTY—Penalty shot/optional minor. If a penalty shot is awarded, the player fouled shall be designated by the referee as the player to take the penalty shot.

• Upvote 1