SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

On 5/25/2016 at 5:23 PM, Hambone said:

Bursch was one I was hoping would stay a little under the radar, but after receiving additional offers from USD and SDSU was offered by the Gophers.  Uphill battle now, but Gindorff still in play.

27 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Anyone know anything about Danny Freund's tweet? New offer?

Speculation that it is a new addition for the 2016 class at WR.  Don't have any names or anything at this time since I don't get Twitter at work (and I don't have a smartphone).

1 hour ago, Hambone said:

Speculation that it is a new addition for the 2016 class at WR.  Don't have any names or anything at this time since I don't get Twitter at work (and I don't have a smartphone).

Might it be Demun Mercer, formerly of Texas State? 

Just now, Hambone said:

Nothing confirmed, but appears possible.  

I see. I've got nothing either other than a few coaches are following him, he has something about "UND '17" on his Twitter handle and he just got released from Texas State. A former 3 star recruit out of Houston, rated #42 best College Football Player in Texas.  Hmmmm?

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

I see. I've got nothing either other than a few coaches are following him, he has something about "UND '17" on his Twitter handle and he just got released from Texas State. A former 3 star recruit out of Houston, rated #42 best College Football Player in Texas.  Hmmmm?

Sometimes where there is smoke there is fire. :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Curious as to why he was suspended, then later kicked off Texas State's roster... if he is indeed the transfer.

Honesty, treating women with respect, no drugs, no stealing and no weapons.

Was for one of those 5 reason. Those were the core values the new coach installed when he arrived and it was said Demun and 2 others were kicked off for breaking teams core values. 

3 hours ago, jjensen said:
Honesty, treating women with respect, no drugs, no stealing and no weapons.

Was for one of those 5 reason. Those were the core values the new coach installed when he arrived and it was said Demun and 2 others were kicked off for breaking teams core values. 

I believe in Bubba and his staff so I therefore believe they had a long talk with this young man about second chances and that they have very high expectations for his behavior off the field. 

• Upvote 2

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:13 AM, Hambone said:

Bursch was one I was hoping would stay a little under the radar, but after receiving additional offers from USD and SDSU was offered by the Gophers.  Uphill battle now, but Gindorff still in play.

Not surprisingly, Bursch has committed to UM.

1 hour ago, dmksioux said:

Thanks...Pretty good size coming out of HS.

It is interesting - another site has him (same name, same school) at 6'5", 205 and a WR.  But the info above appears to be correct.  It indicates he could also play DE.