SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

1 hour ago, homer said:

Anyone have any insite on Colten Heasenflow?   Looking at some recent activity and his Twitter page is he a commit?   I'm not even sure on the year.  

Good question - he just graduated from Scripps Ranch HS in San Diego.  He is 6'4", 230 DE.  Looking at his twitter account, he has a picture of the UND FB sign on the Alerus with the caption "University of North Dakota '20 Football".  I have no idea what that means.  Coach Gigli was following him at one time (maybe still is).

47 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Good question - he just graduated from Scripps Ranch HS in San Diego.  He is 6'4", 230 DE.  Looking at his twitter account, he has a picture of the UND FB sign on the Alerus with the caption "University of North Dakota '20 Football".  I have no idea what that means.  Coach Gigli was following him at one time (maybe still is).

I apologize for misspelling the name.   Colton Hessenflow.  

41 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

RS in 16 and play 17-20.  He's probably talking in football seasons not the year he graduates.

Or he "plans" to graduate in 4 years.... Not uncommon for kids to list 4 years out as their expected graduating class year.

Here is my recruiting wish list based off of the players we have offered so far. I really like some of these players, especially Mafe, Tapia, and James.

QB Brock Boltman, 6'1“, 190, 4.6, Edina (Edina), MN

• Reminds me a ton of Studsrud, great athlete

WR Jace James, 6'1“, 185, Carol Stream (Glenbard North), IL

• Good suddenness, attacks the ball, very competitive

TE Noah Gindorff, 6'5“, 230, 4.9, Crosby (Crosby-Ironton), MN

• Great frame, nice athlete

OT Dontae Bull, 6'8”, 235, 5.4, Victoria Belmont Valley), BC

• Great name, great feet, great frame, plays with an edge

OT Zach Willis, 6'5”, 290, 5.1, West Fargo, (West Fargo), ND

• Love WF Packers players, big kid, pancake factory

DE Boye Mafe, 6'5, 220, Minnetonka (Hopkins), MN

• Special athlete, plays nasty, I swear he could maybe play LB

DE Justin Sambu, 6'3”, 240, Cochrane (Cochrane), AB

• Nice size, very good speed

LB Corte Tapia, 6'2”, 225, Windsor (Windsor), CO

• Loved the highlight tape, plays like Ratelle 

S Matt Anderson, 6'3', 185, 4.6, Fort Wayne (Homestead), IN

• Poor mans Cole Reyes with an extra inch of height
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Here is my recruiting wish list based off of the players we have offered so far. I really like some of these players, especially Mafe, Tapia, and James.

QB Brock Boltman, 6'1“, 190, 4.6, Edina (Edina), MN

• Reminds me a ton of Studsrud, great athlete

WR Jace James, 6'1“, 185, Carol Stream (Glenbard North), IL

• Good suddenness, attacks the ball, very competitive

TE Noah Gindorff, 6'5“, 230, 4.9, Crosby (Crosby-Ironton), MN

• Great frame, nice athlete

OT Zach Willis, 6'5”, 290, 5.1, West Fargo, (West Fargo), ND

• Love WF Packers players, big kid, pancake factory

DE Boye Mafe, 6'5, 220, Minnetonka (Hopkins), MN

• Special athlete, plays nasty, I swear he could maybe play LB

DE Justin Sambu, 6'3”, 240, Cochrane (Cochrane), AB

• Nice size, very good speed

LB Corte Tapia, 6'2”, 225, Windsor (Windsor), CO

• Loved the highlight tape, plays like Ratelle 

S Matt Anderson, 6'3', 185, 4.6, Fort Wayne (Homestead), IN

• Poor mans Cole Reyes with an extra inch of height

Great list.   I would have to add one to that :

6'2" 190, Leif bungum, 4.4 

he has all the tools.   Fantastic athlete!!   If memory serves me right he surpassed  50 total tds last yr.   

Just now, UND1983 said:

He ran pretty fast a Nike Combine this spring.  Not sure what that means but he tested well.

K, I just didn't see him really breaking away on most plays and on one the kicker almost caught him from behind so I had some doubts.  We do need another smaller, quick, slot receiver though.

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

K, I just didn't see him really breaking away on most plays and on one the kicker almost caught him from behind so I had some doubts.  We do need another smaller, quick, slot receiver though.

I thought that kicker was a burner myself.  I think the WR has elite speed. He outruns some angles that most guys wouldn't even try

2 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Great list.   I would have to add one to that :

6'2" 190, Leif bungum, 4.4 

he has all the tools.   Fantastic athlete!!   If memory serves me right he surpassed  50 total tds last yr.   

I'm not sold on him. He definatly isn't 4.4 speed at this point. Not even close. When I watch HS safeties I watch their film then watch Cole Reyes' HS film to compare. Maybe this kid is a stud and I'm blind but I just don't see it yet. I thought the safety on my list looked better. But that is as a junior and things can really change for them as seniors. Recruiting is so inexact that it's impossible to actually know. At this point I don't see where the hype came from with this kid.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I'm not sold on him. He definatly isn't 4.4 speed at this point. Not even close. When I watch HS safeties I watch their film then watch Cole Reyes' HS film to compare. Maybe this kid is a stud and I'm blind but I just don't see it yet. I thought the safety on my list looked better. But that is as a junior and things can really change for them as seniors. Recruiting is so inexact that it's impossible to actually know. At this point I don't see where the hype came from with this kid.

Hudl has him as 4.48 speed, that's where I got my info.  He has very long strides that are misleading in the fast or quickness eye test.  Again, I have no idea on his speed, just relaying what hudl had posted.   

By what I could tell it looks like plays cb not safety on defense.   On offense rb /wr. 

The position he would look best in at und would be wr.  

12 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Great name for sure. Hudl has him listed as 6'7" 280lbs. I assume it was a typo but you had my questioning a 235lb string bean at OT.

Nice highlight film though. Kid has a motor, and just wants to hit people.

36 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Great name for sure. Hudl has him listed as 6'7" 280lbs. I assume it was a typo but you had my questioning a 235lb string bean at OT.

Nice highlight film though. Kid has a motor, and just wants to hit people.

Wiki corrected - it should have been 285.

56 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Hudl has him as 4.48 speed, that's where I got my info.  He has very long strides that are misleading in the fast or quickness eye test.  Again, I have no idea on his speed, just relaying what hudl had posted.   

By what I could tell it looks like plays cb not safety on defense.   On offense rb /wr. 

The position he would look best in at und would be wr.  

Long strides for sure but he should be able to burn by people of he has the speed they list. Sean Taylor had very long strides but he would blow past people.