SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

On June 9, 2016 at 4:43 PM, UND-1 said:

UND and NDSU both offered walk-on spots.  He basically took a walk-on on spot before camp season even began.  Strange choice.

Hmmmm......interesting....how do you know this information?  Is it public knowledge?  I hadn't heard that. I heard that he was offered a partial at NDSU. 

15 hours ago, Football fan said:

Exactly Momster, these are 16 to 17 year old kids that are trying to make their way through this process.  Lincoln Gibbs lives close to my community.  I don't think there is a person who doesn't respect him.  His work ethic, passion, community service, and integrity is of no other high school kid I've seen.  He is a waiter at the restaurant we go to.   He's a kid from a small school with incredible talent... I went to UND, my wife and I were hoping that  he would go to UND.  The Bison scored with this kid. 

This has nothing to do with respecting him as an individual. He sounds like a good enough kid and I'm sure he is.  Lincoln made a decision unfortunately and my personal opinion is, nice not to know you.  This has to do with my hatred for the school to south that he immediately jumped on board with.   Anyone associating themselves with that school has earned my fuc¥ you button.  This may come across as brash..... and well,  it is!!!   Time to move on

Little side note:

Bubbas moral compass is top shelf quality,  a true class act.  He is a complete straight shooter that absolutely bleeds Kelly green!!  He's not going to fill the recruit with bs and lies, that's not how he runs his show.   I have spoken with him numerous times and he literally goes out of his way to come over, shake hands and talk some football or life in general. He doesn't know me yet he's interested enough to listen to me blab on and on.  I played college ball (not und) and it would of been an honor to play for a coach like him.   He's fully invested in this university and his kids.  I would hope most families of these kids and the kids themselves recognize this.  As long as you do your part, Bubba will go to bat for you anytime.   

Family faith football 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

This has nothing to do with respecting him as an individual. He sounds like a good enough kid and I'm sure he is.  Lincoln made a decision unfortunately and my personal opinion is, nice not to know you.  This has to do with my hatred for the school to south that he immediately jumped on board with.   Anyone associating themselves with that school has earned my fuc¥ you button.  This may come across as brash..... and well,  it is!!!   Time to move on

Little side note:

Bubbas moral compass is top shelf quality,  a true class act.  He is a complete straight shooter that absolutely bleeds Kelly green!!  He's not going to fill the recruit with bs and lies, that's not how he runs his show.   I have spoken with him numerous times and he literally goes out of his way to come over, shake hands and talk some football or life in general. He doesn't know me yet he's interested enough to listen to me blab on and on.  I played college ball (not und) and it would of been an honor to play for a coach like him.   He's fully invested in this university and his kids.  I would hope most families of these kids and the kids themselves recognize this.  As long as you do your part, Bubba will go to bat for you anytime.   

Family faith football 

Why so much hatred for NDSU? It seems your hatred goes far beyond an in state sports rival, that you pre-judge "anyone associating themselves with that school".  If something happened to you to fill you with that much hate, maybe find someone to help talk you through. 

15 minutes ago, 2TRU4U said:

Why so much hatred for NDSU? It seems your hatred goes far beyond an in state sports rival, that you pre-judge "anyone associating themselves with that school".  If something happened to you to fill you with that much hate, maybe find someone to help talk you through. 

Its okay to dislike NDSU atheltics - I certainly do not care for them one bit. It seems they are starting to come up with some new (although they've been around forever) recruiting tactics to keep themselves on top and it is pissing off other coaches and fans. Is it fun rooting against NDSU? Well, of course not nearly as entertaining and meaningful as supporting UND, my alma mater; however, watching NDSU lose is always an added bonus. It brings the arrogant pricks and bandwagon fans of that university back down to Earth a bit, and I look forward to NDSU losing some during the 2016 football season. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 2TRU4U said:

OK bud.  You guys have the most hateful fans ever when it comes to UND.  My gawd.  

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Its okay to dislike NDSU atheltics - I certainly do not care for them one bit. It seems they are starting to come up with some new (although they've been around forever) recruiting tactics to keep themselves on top and it is pissing off other coaches and fans. Is it fun rooting against NDSU? Well, of course not nearly as entertaining and meaningful as supporting UND, my alma mater; however, watching NDSU lose is always an added bonus. It brings the arrogant pricks and bandwagon fans of that university back down to Earth a bit, and I look forward to NDSU losing some during the 2016 football season. 

I agree with you. cheering against a sports rival is what makes sports in America great and Xanax sales will plummet every week NDSU loses.

Getting back to recruiting.  Im curious what these new tactics NDSU is using?  Do you know anything other than what you saw in an obscure tweet from a GA?

11 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

OK bud.  You guys have the most hateful fans ever when it comes to UND.  My gawd.  

NDSU fans?  There are many that need help. There should be a shrink on duty at the fargodome every Saturday in the fall

8 minutes ago, 2TRU4U said:

I agree with you. cheering against a sports rival is what makes sports in America great and Xanax sales will plummet every week NDSU loses.

Getting back to recruiting.  Im curious what these new tactics NDSU is using?  Do you know anything other than what you saw in an obscure tweet from a GA?

First kid ever to commit to a walk-on offer weeks before all the local SUMMER football camps start.  Makes a person wonder what was said to him?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 2TRU4U said:

Not getting into that on a recruiting post.   However my only comment is that  I have unfortunately surrounded myself with the loudest most obnoxious "south" fans that I literally have gone wack.  So yeah, your right I do need help and could start with you and your buddies leaving this board. 

This board is correct.....NDSU football fans are arogant.   But UND hockey fans are also....Both schools are fine institutions....and most sports coaches and fans are too....but these two examples....are over the top with 'fullness of self"......Be humble...act with true sportsmanship......

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

First kid ever to commit to a walk-on offer weeks before all the local SUMMER football camps start.  Makes a person wonder what was said to him?

If the kid walked on, he probably short-changed himself. 

• Upvote 1

Hey, totally understand your passion for UND football.  Bubba is a great guy, along with the rest of the coaching staff.  They will do great things.  Just kinda wish they could've wrangled Gibbs in.  Would've loved to watch him play there.  If it's true that they only offered him a walk on spot, no reason for him to commit there either I guess.  I'm out though, this thread is getting ugly.     

24 minutes ago, Football fan said:

Hey, totally understand your passion for UND football.  Bubba is a great guy, along with the rest of the coaching staff.  They will do great things.  Just kinda wish they could've wrangled Gibbs in.  Would've loved to watch him play there.  If it's true that they only offered him a walk on spot, no reason for him to commit there either I guess.  I'm out though, this thread is getting ugly.     

Which has kind of been the point.  Bad guidance or something.  Kid is from a small town and probably doesn't have anyone telling him how it works.  Based on tweet I saw sounds like NDSU wanted him to commit but wouldn't commit to him with a schollie.  Guidance.

You think this is ugly?  Lmao.  This is gorgeous compared to some threads and/or message boards.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Which has kind of been the point.  Bad guidance or something.  Kid is from a small town and probably doesn't have anyone telling him how it works.  Based on tweet I saw sounds like NDSU wanted him to commit but wouldn't commit to him with a schollie.  Guidance.

You think this is ugly?  Lmao.  This is gorgeous compared to some threads and/or message boards.

Just saw a picture of the kid. He doesn't look like a HS Junior. He looks like a slightly smaller version of Tyler Roehl. I got to believe he is not a walk on. 

10 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

How do you know that? Why would a kid commit to a PWO nine months before signing day?

Bisonville says its a pwo offer from both schools. I agree that comitting to a pwo this early is a terrible choice.  I think we can deduce that it was likely a now or never take it or leave it offer from ndsu.

12 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Bisonville says its a pwo offer from both schools. I agree that comitting to a pwo this early is a terrible choice.  I think we can deduce that it was likely a now or never take it or leave it offer from ndsu.

It may have been a we will bring in one PWO RB this year and we have offered two or three, first one gets it. But I wouldn't expect someone with hopes of getting a scholly to take it now. I heard him on the radio Saturday AM and he didn't say he was pressured to take the offer now or it wouldn't be there.. It sounded like he liked NDSU and wanted to get the process over with.

15 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

It may have been a we will bring in one PWO RB this year and we have offered two or three, first one gets it. But I wouldn't expect someone with hopes of getting a scholly to take it now. I heard him on the radio Saturday AM and he didn't say he was pressured to take the offer now or it wouldn't be there.. It sounded like he liked NDSU and wanted to get the process over with.

You mean he didn't tell the Bison Media on air that he was pressured into taking the PWO?  Can't believe it.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

It's pretty fishy. Just saying. Totally different story if he was offered a scholarship. I get that he grew up an ndsu fan but still.

13 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

NDSU pressured him and he took the bait. Good for NDSU if you're into the whole "win by any means necessary" thing. Accepting a PWO this early makes no sense otherwise. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Never know what the kids situation is either. Who know, maybe he already has money for school, maybe a scholarship isn't a factor for him, maybe he just wanted to play for NDSU. Have to remember that NDSU has a recruiting tool that most schools don't, they have absolutely dominated FCS football over the past several years. For some kids, that could be the deciding factor. Or maybe they have a good program for whatever the kid intends to major in. Regardless, every kids gets to make their own decision as quickly or slowly as they choose. 

On to the next recruit.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Never know what the kids situation is either. Who know, maybe he already has money for school, maybe a scholarship isn't a factor for him, maybe he just wanted to play for NDSU. Have to remember that NDSU has a recruiting tool that most schools don't, they have absolutely dominated FCS football over the past several years. For some kids, that could be the deciding factor. Or maybe they have a good program for whatever the kid intends to major in. Regardless, every kids gets to make their own decision as quickly or slowly as they choose. 

On to the next recruit.

Very well said!!