SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

Just now, Hambone said:

I know his family and they are huge Bison supporters.  I'm guessing that now that he has an NDSU offer it may be a formality - guessing that's why he "moved up" his commitment date.  I guess it is possible that there is something he likes about UND over NDSU, but definitely an uphill battle.

Tough to recruit against a school that has accomplished what NDSU has done over the last several years. We'll have a lot of uphill battles until UND makes some noise in the playoffs (which could happen very soon) or until NDSU takes at least a small step back.

5 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Surprised that we haven't seen a verbal or two by now following the elite camp.

After a little research, it looks like unds first verbal in "15" was July 29th and "16" was July 24th, so I would expect a little less then a month we should get out first verbal.  Bubba and crew are right on track!!  In other other words, don't worry be happy.  

2 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

After a little research, it looks like unds first verbal in "15" was July 29th and "16" was July 24th, so I would expect a little less then a month we should get out first verbal.  Bubba and crew are right on track!!  In other other words, don't worry be happy.  

Did not realize it was that late.  Thanks!

9 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

In past years I used to get a little worried when we didn't have any commits by now when a lot of the neighboring colleges are getting them left and right, but they will show up here soon enough.   It's not a race to see who can get them first, it's who gets the best.    That said, I am surprised at the number of guys both NDSU and SDSU have gotten already, seems like verbals are coming earlier every year.   Still, we will have plenty by next month.

On June 28, 2016 at 8:50 AM, Teeder11 said:
User Actions
 Following
x_RaRRJ9_bigger.jpgZach Willis@zachwillis57

After a lot of thinking these past few weeks i have my mind made up and I've decided to move my commitment date to July 4th.

9:34 PM - 27 Jun 2016
1 retweet20 likes

Retweet

More

I see he has tweeted he is going to have a video announcement on Monday at 3:00. I honestly hope it is NOT NDSU. Is he going to have 4 hats and the one he grabs is the school he is going to? Doesn't sound like much of a team player to me.No kid at any level of FB needs to make it all about him like he seems to be doing. 

7 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I see he has tweeted he is going to have a video announcement on Monday at 3:00. I honestly hope it is NOT NDSU. Is he going to have 4 hats and the one he grabs is the school he is going to? Doesn't sound like much of a team player to me.No kid at any level of FB needs to make it all about him like he seems to be doing. 

My money is on NDSU for many obvious reasons.  Would be a hell of feat for UND to pull him out of WF.

10 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Agreed, over the top. Guessing he goes to the bisons. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

It's an exciting time for kids.   While some may not agree with it the way he announces his decision has no bearing on him as a kid.  Knowing the family a little I'm guessing it's NDSU, would be very happy if it was UND.  He is a very good player.  

2 hours ago, homer said:

It's an exciting time for kids.   While some may not agree with it the way he announces his decision has no bearing on him as a kid.  Knowing the family a little I'm guessing it's NDSU, would be very happy if it was UND.  He is a very good player.  

Don't know the kid and he may be a good kid, but it doesn't come off well. A simple tweet of "I'm going to ..." Would work. The video announcement doesn't go with the "no name on the back of the jersey" mentality of both UND and NDSU.

Don't know the kid and he may be a good kid, but it doesn't come off well. A simple tweet of "I'm going to ..." Would work. The video announcement doesn't go with the "no name on the back of the jersey" mentality of both UND and NDSU.

I agree with you. 

I'm waiting for the day the kid that wins like a Gates or a Jack Kent Cooke scholarship (four-years full ride) to announce where they're going to study physics by putting out the YouTube video of them picking a school's pocket protector. 

Let the kid have some fun with his big day...much less irritating than those screaming Fighting S***x fans trying to bring back a logo and name??  give it a rest....GFC Redskins did... Wahpeton Wops did...so did Stanford and Marquette...more important things to concern your life with...oh yea remember Dickinson State did also...what a bunch of cry babies w/o much of a life!!!!!'

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

Wrongo...no life breath!!!!! I am a season ticket holder for FH FB and was in hockey as well....but Hak cured me of that....may come back as Berry seems to be an OK guy.....At least he could close the deal!!!!!! 

I do not like Bizzonville...their FB fans are as annoying and arrogant as UND 'ockey fans!!!!!!

• Downvote 8

23 minutes ago, John W. said:

Wrongo...no life breath!!!!! I am a season ticket holder for FH FB and was in hockey as well....but Hak cured me of that....may come back as Berry seems to be an OK guy.....At least he could close the deal!!!!!! 

I do not like Bizzonville...their FB fans are as annoying and arrogant as UND 'ockey fans!!!!!!

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately"-  Ben Franklin

Happy 4th!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John W. said:

I think you should go back to hockey. I was always pullimg for UND hockey to lose when Hak was the coach, and I actually was pulling for them to win it all last year with Berry. While some may think I am one one the arrogant NDSU FB fans, I hate Bisonville, have never posted on it and haven't looked at it in years. I can't stand the in your face we are the greatest and everybody else sucks mentality.

I think you should go back to hockey. I was always pullimg for UND hockey to lose when Hak was the coach, and I actually was pulling for them to win it all last year with Berry. While some may think I am one one the arrogant NDSU FB fans, I hate Bisonville, have never posted on it and haven't looked at it in years. I can't stand the in your face we are the greatest and everybody else sucks mentality.

Good post.  And thanks for honest, non-troll talk.