SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

21 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Have we offered him? If so, who else has?

Not sure if we have but he is a talented young man!  Like Teeder mentioned, he does have an offer from la tech.  

I also really like Leif bungum. Great hudl tape.  

Need to get these local recruits locked up!   

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Verbal commitments by Tuesday, I am setting the over/under at 5.5.

It is a huge weekend for UND recruiting.  Many talented prospects (including many offerees) are on campus for tomorrow's Elite Camp.  Last year, we got 7-8 commitments shortly after this camp.  I would hope that this will happen again so I will take the over. 

There are two QBs from CA in town - not sure if we will offer two QBs this year.  We have done so in the past.

I love this stuff...recruiting etc...I wish this site would devote more apace and time to football, basketball (M/W) and VB...and stop 'wetting' itself on hockey...which is all over it's home page...Hockey is only important in GF,  and about 6 other communities in the 250,000  population Grand Forks service area....Also when is this site going to drop the 'S***x' name....talk about beating a dead horse...it's over.....you lost!!!!!

Love the site...but please....move on!!!!!  Who cares when some 17 year old kid goes to BC to play 'ockey!!!!!!  Or who from Union may go pro!!!!!!

• Downvote 15

1 hour ago, John W. said:

I love this stuff...recruiting etc...I wish this site would devote more apace and time to football, basketball (M/W) and VB...and stop 'wetting' itself on hockey...which is all over it's home page...Hockey is only important in GF,  and about 6 other communities in the 250,000  population Grand Forks service area....Also when is this site going to drop the 'S***x' name....talk about beating a dead horse...it's over.....you lost!!!!!

Love the site...but please....move on!!!!!  Who cares when some 17 year old kid goes to BC to play 'ockey!!!!!!  Or who from Union may go pro!!!!!!

Well, JW, feel free to start up www.iluvfhawksfb.com so you and your pals can digitally exist in a sioux and hockey free zone. The only loser I see here is perhaps you.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

We offered a RB this afternoon - small but with great speed (per HUDL):

RB Cameron McKinney, 5'9", 160, 4.3, Seattle (Garfield), WA

Reminds me of one, J. Santiago. Very nice speed and lines up in the slot sometimes. He'd have a chance to play against UW in his hometown if he'd sign with us. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

According to Tom Miller Burgum is supposedly going to be OLB in college. That makes sense to me, more so than safety.

Great get. Looks like Disterhaupt 2.0 to me. We sure like the small town MN boys at OLB. Labat, Disterhaupt, Lawrence, Turner and now Bungum.

9 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I wonder if UND made that graphic in Brock's tweet. If so, they could use some work. Regardless, big pick up. 

No they did not. They can't use recruits names until they sign the letter of intent. Fortunately this blame does not go to UND this time.

ok, can we now move on from John's post? Don't need that kind of garbage out here.

Really excited about Bungum after seeing his Hudl video. Kid looks like a tremendous athlete. Looks like he was a pretty impressive offensive machine in HS. Is defense a more natural position for him, or would us putting him on D be more based on our need. Just curious why they are looking to use him on D vs O.